Behind the scenes at MSE for a day

Listen up MoneySavers! 🚨 Next Tuesday (25 June), we'll be doing a day-long event on Twitter - taking you behind the scenes at MSE Towers and showing you how we create our weekly email. So let us know below what you'd like to see on the day! 👇 #InsideMSE

Comments

• Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite

The telephone number(s) and geographical address(es) of MSE. :j

About which MSE has always (and unacceptably) been anally retentive. :naughty:
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Are you thinking of running any give aways on the day? It would be a great way to promote the competition forum.

I'll be very interested to see what goes on behind the scenes at MSE Towers. Nice idea :)

Thanks

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Sosumi wrote: »

Why on earth do you need them?
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • nanto3girls
    nanto3girls Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    This will be interesting.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sosumi wrote: »

Why? MSE is a entirely online concept/service - using a website and emailed newsletter to provide info.
    Very effectively.
    With online discussion on this forum
    Why would you need to phone them? Or write a letter to them? Why not just email them? Or raise issues on the forum?
    If you want to phone or write to someone for money advice MSE probably isn't for you.
  • Poet100
    Poet100 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    There is a known devaluation factor surrounding leasehold flats & houses.
    For those who bought via government backed schemes i.e ‘Help to Buy’ & ‘Help2Own’ this devaluing factor was not advised to potential buyers at the point of sale. Arguably the government were overseeing the schemes and should have taken measures to ensure that buyers were fully aware of all issues that could affect value. This is not the same as being aware that a property can fall as well as rise in value, No, ‘this is a known devaluing factor’.
    The factor in question is the 80 year or less benchmark, once a lease hits this benchmark of number of years remaining, then the property will reduce in value and a requested lease extension can cost much more. Also if a 70/30 % arrangement with the freeholder exists ( housing association via help to Buy) then eny request for a lease extension can effectively be vetoed by the freeholder! This also was not made clear at the point of sale.
    This amounts to mis-selling, freeholder (housing association), conveyance and Government were all involved but fundamentally the government were overseers. I would like MSE to investigate and ask for people’s experiances. The CMA are currently investigating a number of leasehold issues. Will MSE please make people aware.
  • I don't have a Twitter account.
    Will I still be able to view the proceedings?
  • Sleazy wrote: »
    I don't have a Twitter account.
    Will I still be able to view the proceedings?

Yep just click the link and you'll be able to scroll through.

Guessing the link will either be the main MSE account: https://twitter.com/MoneySavingExp

or you can look at the hashtag https://twitter.com/hashtag/insidemse but they'll probably be a LOT of posts on there so if you only want to see what MSE want to say it'll be the first one.

It may be easier to view if you have a twitter account, but probably not worth creating one just for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure