Coffee, Cake, Yarn - New Start

Options

Comments

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Morning all!

Achey mcachey today, so happy to be back at the gym! It's going really well I'm so surprised, I thought my fitness levels would be ruined having not really done much for 7/8 months, but they aren't! Few little niggles with the surgery site, but I think it's just muscles that have been cut being worked. YAY. Friend turned up with cake last night, and dinner was a hit, nom. Yesterday was a good day, sometimes it really is the little things!

Had a think about the holibob, I'm happy to do it. I will do a big batch of something (usually get requests for a lasagne), take my own snacks, pay the £20 for accommodation, it's only a short ish drive from us, and enjoy it. I'll save the cash before we go and set myself a limit. It'll be lovely to look forward to, last year was such a wash out, I missed two of these due to being ill and I was gutted. As long as I budget for some spending money it's going to be fine. I can't shut myself indoors for two years whilst I'm on this journey, I just need to be sensible about it.

Busy day at work on the cards today so trying to fit some penny making in now!

Phone people have my phone but haven't decided how much they want to give me for it. Positive thoughts please :D

Sold an ebay item last night, total profit minus fees and post = £0.98 hahaha.....

Happy Wednesday xx
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    £54 for the phone!!! :D:D:D
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ebay can be ridiculous, I guess you just have to think its almost £1 that you didn't have before. And see the funny side obviously.
    Good news about the phone money though - a bit less to worry about for the car.
    And regarding the holiday - I think a treat, and an affordable one, is absolutely the way to go. Having done it before, you know how much it is likely to cost so you can put money aside (perhaps another little challenge along the lines of finding that £20 this month?). Or do tilly tidies from your bank account (s) into a separate pot to 'find' the money - or save 20p or £2 coins. Or find another money spinner just to fund that holiday - have you done Slice the Pie for example - writing music reviews of mostly unreleased music. I could refer you if you like but don't worry if you don't want to or just want to get on with it yourself.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• CoffeeCakeYarn
    CoffeeCakeYarn Posts: 299 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2018 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Joey - Slice of pie sounds right up my street! Thank you! And a little different from writing exciting copy about bingo websites on textbroker :D I'm totally up for the challenge of finding the extra pennies from additional earnings. I was going to keep my earnings from one of the survey sites aside specifically for it, great minds think alike. My mind set at the moment is the more I can earn, the less of my real wages I actually spend. I'd managed £50 odd for the car this month (well, since 22nd December, last payday), and although I didn't top up my weekly budget I just decided to let it run, I smashed the £20 target for the month. I'd love a referral if you wouldn't mind.

Ebay is a funny old game, great way to de clutter and yup, it's all money I didn't have before, it just does make me do a smiley eye roll when someone buys something and I earn a quid. But then I think hold up, ten of those = £10, not to be sniffed at! Got a quiet weekend planned so going to wiz through the flat again and see if I can find some more bits to put up. Must be ruthless!

Car fund currently stands at £108.30 which is defo enough for the filter and the hire car, even if I needed the hire car for 4 days. So a dent indeed, just need all the good vibes. There is still a possibility that the repair will be covered under the warranty, but I can't even dare to hope for that outcome because I will cry when I get a £700 bill if I do. Better to be prepared.

Weekly budget is going well with the help of Saturday no spend and the nectar points. Currently got £96.05 left, but £40 of that will be petrol so £56.05. Tons of meat in the freezer still that I'm eating through, nectar points helping with the top up shop, and 18 days until my new budget month begins. CAN DO THIS!

But I need to get bin bags and some fruity nut snacks from the shop, I'm just trying to hold off as long as possible to build up the nectar points a little more before I do.

I also need to stick the car through the cheapo wash tonight because I am ashamed to take it to the garage covered in as much muck as it currently is. So not an NSD today but again, a very low spend.

I'm happy today, the phone money has lifted me and I feel like even though I'm not making inroads to my debt right now, I'm also not mindlessly adding to it either! I'm really making a lot of changes to my mind set, and tomorrow expense aside, I feel very in control.

Quiet evening tonight, YS pork, Surveys and craft. Maybe a bath. :D
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PM sent re Slice the pie
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Wow that's good on the phone. I just got my daughter's old phone so I looked at what my old phone would fetch. I think the highest was about £13! I decided to keep it as we don't currently have a spare!

Yes eBay can be silly at times. Some of the things I have sold in the past have gone for far more than I expected and then some other things have sold for hardly anything. I sold one of the kids toys that cost a fortune the other day for £12 so after fees I got around £10. I just thought it was sitting my garage doing nothing and I was thinking about giving it away so £10 is better than nothing.

Sending good vibes for the car. I feel the same just before my car goes in for any work. It is 12 years old now and I dread mot time if the year. Let's hope your car isn't too much of a:eek: moment.
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Morning all! Exactly Mumoffour, I've sold empty perfume bottles for almost the cost of a full one, it's crazy bananas!

Car is in. Been told it's going to be a minimum of £219, they will call and update when they know more. Anxiety is a little high over it if I'm honest lol.

Nothing exciting to report at the moment, quiet night last night, early to bed I was worn out! Didn't end up spending anything though as I got to the car wash and realised I forgot my purse, how MSE of me. So the garage will just have to deal with the dirt, ooopesy.

Need some frozen fruit and a cucumber so will pop to either sainsbos or alde today. I want to go Mr S to use the nectar points but I'm conflicted because I know that it's more expensive. Hmm. Gym tonight car depending, if I can pick it up today no gym. Kinda hoping for no gym to be honest because I'm feeling a little lazy bones today :) More YS pork for dinner. It's like groundhog day haha.

Happy Thursday all xx
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Just remembered, I don't need fruity nutty snacky bits as my free graze box is coming today, yippee! Off to cancel it now before they charge :D
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Oooh I do love a freebie. Good job you remembered before going out to buy stuff.

I am stalking the freebie boards on here and have already requested a few bits. I always do my eldest a little bag with make-up and toiletries bits and pieces in for her birthday and Christmas. I had an idea about trying to get the bits for free instead of paying for them. Her birthday is in May so I am trying to get as many free bits as possible!

Hopefully the car won't be too painful today.
  • CoffeeCakeYarn
    Options
    Thanks lovely. That's such a good idea! I'm going for a stalk now :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business