Clickworker

Comments

• MacsReturns and Kettlefish are spot on rls1973 - hope you are sorted with your strong tags now!
  • Amber_Sunshine
    Amber_Sunshine Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2012 at 12:04PM
    I signed up and passed the test, and was just about to write my first article. Now I´m not sure I want to bother. They seem to ask a lot for 2 measly euros - I know something is better than nothing, but it looks like it would take a lot of time to put together an article and include all those keywords. By the time you factor in research, you´ll be earning a couple of pounds per hour if you´re lucky.

Are people really finding it worth the effort? It´s also poorly explained (people here should´t have to explain how to do the work, Clickworker should!). When it says use the keyword Manila (6-6x), does it mean that you simply have to include that 6 times?

PS The first one that came up was about Jamaica restaurants in Manila - there are NO relevant deals!
  • I can usually write a Groupon article in about 20 mins, so if I do 3 an hour, that's just under minimum wage. Not bad considering all I would be doing otherwise is sitting surfing the net or watching TV.

There aren't any deals to write about. You aren't writing about a specific deal, you are writing a rather more generic text about a category of deal in a particular area. In this case you are writing generically about Jamaican restaurants in Manila. The instructions aren't particularly good, and I did find that the first article or 2 took me a while to get my head around, but once you've done a couple they are pretty easy.
  • Sorry - I also meant to add, read the example article that they give - this is really useful to get an idea of what they are looking for.
  • rls1973
    rls1973 Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks to all who have advised, and it might help others too.

as it's been said - people on this thread shouldn't have to be explaining it, clickworker should be!

I will have another go later when i'm feeling a bit less thick :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Ooh - money has just landed in my Paypal account! Nothing like some cold hard cash to up the motivation!
  • kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ok, I'm going to have an earnest go at the Groupon tasks today!

Another dumb question; it tells me on the dashboard that I have web search results jobs to do but when I click through to the appropriate website (using IE, not Chrome as I normally do) it comes up with nothing? I've clicked all the tabs at the top, there's no jobs (or 'HitApps' as it calls them) available.
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• Is this anything like Text Broker? I quite like having a title and going off to write an article but all this talk about Groupon has me dumbfounded. If anyone who does both can shed some light that would be fab thanks. Just wondering if this would be suitable for me as Text Broker is quiet at the moment.
  • Just started on clickworker yesterday, and got up to just over 30 euros! Just wondering though, do I have to enter a tax number to get paid out?
  • movingon
    movingon Posts: 533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'll try to help, rls...

Tags are effectively instructions used in HTML and tell web browsers how to display the text. They come in pairs (mostly ...) to mark the beginning and end of the included text. 'strong' is the same as 'bold', so by enclosing something in 'strong tags' it will appear in a bold typeface when displayed in a browser, so you need to type it in like this:

"....explain to me like I'm a <strong>small</strong> child..."

The '/'shows that the tag is the closing tag.

Thanks for this which I also found helpful, but since it is unfamiliar to me, I am spending ages checking I have typed the tags correctly. Are there any keystrokes (like for bold) where you can just highlight the relevant phrase and the tags appear?I have googled but could not find anything?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback