Ecco Shoes - They rot whether you wear them or not!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Timnbit
    Options
    I purchased a pair of ECCO dress shoes and wore them occasionally. The uppers are in great shape but they have fallen apart.
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lr1277 wrote: »
    I too bought a pair of Ecco sandals in 2005 in the US. Returned there in 2006 and thought I was wearing the sandals so much, I bought a 2nd pair to replace the first when they wore out.

Well the first pair didn't wear out till September 2017. Yes there was a hole in the sole, but after wearing every day for every summer since 2005, I was impressed.

Have now started wearing the pair bought in 2006. Here's to another 12 years.

I have to update on my earlier posting. Less than 3 months of almost daily wear, and the outer sole is coming away from one sandal.
    Such a shame as I had a good opinion from the first pair I wore.
    Maybe the OP is right, maybe it is age not wear that causes Ecco sandals to fail.
  • thrifty_pete
    Options
    Yes my ecco sandals split horizontally through the foam rubber sole this summer - maybe it was the heat, but I hadn't worn them much. Seems strange how such expensive shoes have foam rubber which doesn't last very long. I had some own-brand Decathlon trainers which lasted 10 years and their soles were foam rubber and lasted no problem. The trainers were a quarter of the price too!
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have heard this is common with Hotter shoes/sandals too
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    lindens wrote: »
    I have heard this is common with Hotter shoes/sandals too
    Yes, this brand is mentioned earlier in the thread.
    So is Clarks.
  • heidihi58
    Options
    I know this was posted a while ago, but I've had the same problem with my Ecco lace-up ankle boots. I had one pair that lasted for years, bought a new pair to replace them and wear them every winter. This year, after not many years, I put them on and the soles started to disintegrate. I contacted Ecco and they gave me the same kind of spiel, that unless I have the receipt etc, and take them back to the shop where I bought them, there's nothing I can do.
  • jarviser
    jarviser Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    My best hardly worn mens black ecco soles finally fell apart on a night out. Only lasted 22 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure