5k and 10k PB

Options
Hi everyone,

What is your 5k and 10k personal bests? I have done a 10k in under 49 minutes before and a 5k in under 22 minutes. Not sure what my exact times are as I have never done a proper event but will hopefully do one in the next few months. Let me know what yours are.

Andrew

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'd suggest you work on your stamina then. Your 10k PB shouldn't be much more than double your 5k PB. Mine is within about 1 min of double my 5k time.
    For 5k's just pop along to your local parkrun to give you an idea of your times also may help drag you along to a quicker time. (Although do take it easy if you have to lap people).

As for times my 10k time is well over 10 mins quicker than yours if that helps.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • BrookesAndrew
    Options
    Yeah I haven't done too many 10k runs recently but I am going to do one soon as hopefully get it down. The 10k PB I did was a few years ago so I reckon I could get it down quite a bit.
  • warriorsq
    warriorsq Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    19:10 5k
    39:56 10k

I'm an ultra-runner so pleased to get the above on my first and last attempt at both as I hate that cardio rush haha
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 28 March 2018 at 7:47AM
    Options
    warriorsq wrote: »

I'm an ultra-runner so pleased to get the above on my first and last attempt at both as I hate that cardio rush haha

Good effort, I am with you. I don't start working properly until about 10 miles! Every race I have done over marathon distance I have been in the top 10 :rotfl::rotfl: more because the fields don't have the same fast people who do the shorter stuff
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • warriorsq
    warriorsq Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    indesisiv wrote: »
    Good effort, I am with you. I don't start working properly until about 10 miles! Every race I have done over marathon distance I have been in the top 10 :rotfl::rotfl: more because the fields don't have the same fast people who do the shorter stuff

Yeah I feel like I've no rhythm until 8-10 miles and then it kicks in and congrats on the top 10 finishes, that's impressive
  • BrookesAndrew
    Options
    Got 46:56 recently on a 10k race :)
  • BrookesAndrew
    Options
    warriorsq wrote: »

Great times :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport