IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - Appeal Rejected. Couple Q's

So i have been reading the newbies thread since receiving the PCN and following the advice.

ParkingEye have rejected the appeal (of course) and i have a POPLA code.

My question is; what exactly is my next step?

Is this the time i contact ParkingEye again and request the "Better Particulars" as shown on the BMPA website?

Should i even bother with the 'Better Particulars' stuff or not bother?I am under the impression that if they dont answer the questions in that that it helps your case.

Or do i go straight to writing and submitting my appeal to POPLA?

Also where do i stand on ParkingEye taking forever to respond to my appeal? They did send though an email stating they were 'reviewing this matter' but it took them over the 28 days that they said they would after i submitted the appeal on their website.
It had been so long i was begining to think they were not going to pursue it.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for yet another thread. You dedication to helping people is amazing.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My question is; what exactly is my next step?

Or do i go straight to writing and submitting my appeal to POPLA?
    Your next step is to compile a PoPLA appeal.

There is comprehensive guidance on how to do that in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky/pinned thread.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Particulars of claim are something that comes along with court papers. You are a long, long way away from receiving court papers.
  • RiotLightbulb
    RiotLightbulb Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2018 at 4:58PM
    OK, so while looking to compile a POPLA appeal i found this thread

//forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5763326&highlight=parkingeye+popla#topofpage

Where someone else is in a very similar position. However, Coupon-Mad Said that PE win most POPLA cases. So now it think that my best bet it to contact the land owners again and push for a cancel that way.

But what is the best way to go about it?

Firmly and angrily stating the recent comments from MPs or another approach?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If it was a shop or shopping centre showing you are a genuine customer often does the trick. If you can see a store manager face to face they often don't want the hassle so get it cancelled.

There is no one size fits all with getting cancellations so you have to play it by ear.
  • RiotLightbulb
    RiotLightbulb Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 14 February 2018 at 5:33PM
    The trouble i have is that it is Welcome Break and under the Successfull complaints thread it says to deal only with local managers, but i have emailed the local manager before and got what looked like a copy past response refusing to cancel it.

Im now wondering if using the main website "contact us" is worth a try.

Edit: Also all of those posts are so old now so not sure if still relevent to only talk to local managers.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Personnel change, policies change, attitudes change. If you're not getting what you want locally, go to the top.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • OK, so while looking to compile a POPLA appeal i found this thread

//forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5763326&highlight=parkingeye+popla#topofpage

Where someone else is in a very similar position. However, Coupon-Mad Said that PE win most POPLA cases. So now it think that my best bet it to contact the land owners again and push for a cancel that way.

But what is the best way to go about it?

Firmly and angrily stating the recent comments from MPs or another approach?

where she say that? even PEs stats show more people do not pay tickets due to appeals/POPLa or landowner help than they win
  • where she say that? even PEs stats show more people do not pay tickets due to appeals/POPLa or landowner help than they win

Post #48 of the thread i 'linked' to (not allowed full links) quoted below:
    It is not a point at all sadly, if they've complied with the POFA they can pursue a keeper.

Complain to your MP about this harassment, please, we are encouraging everyone to do so. The Government were hoodwinked in 2012 to allow 'keeper liability' to creep into the POFA 2012 & they should never have allowed it for private firms to hold a person liable for a contract they were never a party to.

But before you submit any POPLA appeal, have you exhausted the possibility of landowner complaint, and I mean really 'exhausted'?

PE are likely to win most POPLA cases, sadly, and will then sue you. But they WILL cancel if a landowner /retailer tells them to, but ONLY before expending time & money on contesting your POPLA appeal.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    where she say that? even PEs stats show more people do not pay tickets due to appeals/POPLa or landowner help than they win

It's true regarding POPLA appeals getting rejected - but losing at POPLA is far from fatal!!
  • Quentin wrote: »
    It's true regarding POPLA appeals getting rejected - but losing at POPLA is far from fatal!!

So what are the options if a POPLA is unsuccessful? Go down the road of County Court?

Im confused now as to what to do. I guess i approach Land owners again first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure