Nutmeg fully managed portfolio for pension

13»

Comments

• Yanling
    Yanling Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Valiantson.
    Last week Americans market decreased a lot. Not sure go for balanced or dynamic?
    I am going to invest for about 12 years with 10k in this year and 1k per month after. I don’t have a personal person.
    What would be your opinion? folks :j
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Yanling wrote: »
    Thanks Valiantson.
    Last week Americans market decreased a lot. Not sure go for balanced or dynamic?
    I am going to invest for about 12 years with 10k in this year and 1k per month after. I don’t have a personal person.
    What would be your opinion? folks :j

How risk averse are you?

Honestly, in your position, I would go for the balanced fund. I'm not convinced that with only 12 years investment period you would benefit from a high equity weighting; a crash during that time might just leave you out of pocket. The balanced fund has a greater chance of returning decent positive growth over that time frame.
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've been looking at the HSBC Global Strategy Balanced Portfolio C Acc. It seems 30.5% of the fund is invested in U.s Equity.

My current provider Aviva (Fund: Av Managed FP Pn) has 30.88% invested in global fixed interest. Friends provident had switched my pension to aviva in March 2018. Seems it'll take about 12 months to see some real growth. If I transfer to HSBC the 12 months clock will have to be restarted.

Anyway, U.S stock market hasn't been performing particularly well lately.
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anyway, U.S stock market hasn't been performing particularly well lately.
    Which unfortunately is "no guide to the future".
    The US stockmarket represents a large part of the global scene, so although you might decide that proportion is high if you are making up your own portfolio, in a balanced global fund it is probably an expected level.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure