My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 February 2018 at 6:02PM
    Chrystal wrote: »
    If there's other people there ask one of them to go to the shops for you.

It sounds as though everything is going pear shaped, but it WILL get sorted out, just keep your chin up and try to stay positive. ((hugs)) X
    Its my daughters boyfriend and I wouldnt even waste my breath,I mentioned earlier about going to the shop and he said why don;t you go when you take the dog out and kill two birds with one stone,my daughter has gone to uni today with the same cold I have but she has been ill for over a week now and he wouldnt give her a lift to the station he let her walk down there in the cold,selfish git,he will be moving out in September so I wont have to put up with him any more,he has a car but he wouldnt think to drive me to the shop,mind you I will miss his money when he goes:rotfl:
    I know this will all get sorted eventually it just seems to be taking a loooong time,I looked back at the dates of when I opened my account and its only been 5 days but it seems like much longer,I should get my debit card and paperwork for the new account in the next two days so can check the account number then and hopefully it is the correct number,its the right amount of digits so that a start
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just subscribed to your diary as you kindly read mine. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Try honey & lemon, I swear by it when I get coughs and colds. Everything will sort itself out and fall into place soon, honestly. I can't believe we are now 3 years into our DMP, it has gone so quickly and I no longer worry about any of it. You will
    get there in the end.
  • Onebrokelady
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Just subscribed to your diary as you kindly read mine. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Try honey & lemon, I swear by it when I get coughs and colds. Everything will sort itself out and fall into place soon, honestly. I can't believe we are now 3 years into our DMP, it has gone so quickly and I no longer worry about any of it. You will
    get there in the end.
    Awwww thanks for visiting my diary,I;ve spent the evening reading the Debt Free Roll Of Honour thread and its really inspired me,Im going to try to sort some more bits tomorrow,Im hoping I will start to feel better tomorrow,if I get out to the shops I will invest in some honey and lemon
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 7 February 2018 at 1:36AM
    After my feeling sorryfor myself post earlier I took myself off to do some non debt related things,such as the washing and tidying the house,I then came back and started to read the Debt Free Roll Of Honour thread and what an inspiration that turned out to be Im currently up to page 12 and intend to keep reading,it keeps me busy if nothing else,tonight I noticed a letter that had been put on the dining chair which was pushed under the table and it turned out to be the PIN number for the debit card which belongs to my new bank account,this has cheered me up as this means my card etc must be on the way and I can then register for online banking and really get going with my direct debits,I can also check my account number to make sure its correct,hopefully the Stepchange paperwork will turn up soon too
    I also spent some time this afternoon doing my banking and making sure all the bills have come out,this is a new thing for me as I normally dont check it at all money just goes in and goes out again which is how Ive got myself into this mess,from now on its budget budget budget I am slowly getting to grips with my finances and it feels really good to be in control,I still havent posted an SOA but I will do soon,I know mostly where I can make savings its just a case of doing it now
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hope you get a good night tonight and can start to feel better tomorrow. Also I hope you get the logging in sorted out, it's horrible being locked out of your own account especially when you need access. If you have a trustworthy person outside your own household it can be worth asking them to keep a text or an envelope with a key to your important passwords. If you get locked out or - heaven forbid - you lose things to a burglary or fire, you will still have access.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Hope you get a good night tonight and can start to feel better tomorrow. Also I hope you get the logging in sorted out, it's horrible being locked out of your own account especially when you need access. If you have a trustworthy person outside your own household it can be worth asking them to keep a text or an envelope with a key to your important passwords. If you get locked out or - heaven forbid - you lose things to a burglary or fire, you will still have access.
    Thanks,I’m going to try and sleep in a bit,I’ve had such a lazy day because of this cold ,I only need to login to find the account number for that card and I’m thinking it’s just my card number,the other two accounts Account numbers were the card numbers,I need to to give to Stepchange when the paperwork comes through,I’m terrible with passwords I write them down even though you aren’t supposed to then I lose the paper they are written on :( im going to phone BC tomorrow to get them to reset it so I can sort it out
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hope you get some decent rest and wake up tomorrow feeling better. :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Chrystal wrote: »
    Hope you get some decent rest and wake up tomorrow feeling better. :)
    I actually got a good nights sleep last night,but I did take some Night Nurse before bed so that probably helped,the head cold part of this cold doesn’t feel so intense now but I am developing a lovely cough which I’m hoping won’t amount to much
  • Onebrokelady
    edited 7 February 2018 at 11:34AM
    Well another day has dawned and I feeling a bit more positive this morning,I got a good nights sleep last night and although I still feel ill Im hoping I might have turned a corner and be on the way to recovering from this cold.Hopefully I will be a able to go back to work on Friday fingers crossed
    Todays activities include sorting out some more paperwork and contacting the Housing society that I co own my house with so I can sort out my SO with them and get it transferred to the new account,Im also dealing with the council tax and mortgage company today,Im hoping my new account card will turn up today but the post doesnt come until lunch time so will just have to wait and see,Im not touching anything until the card arrives and I can check my account number online
    I also need to tidy the house and do some more washing,today will be a NSD because Imnot going anywhere apart from round the block with the dog and there are no,shops on our route
    Ive also come up with a plan for things to entertain me when I have spare time,I do a few crafts which include cross stitch and dolls house building and I have loads of kits and projects that I bought intending to start that I haven!!!8217;t haven!!!8217;t touched so Im going to work my way through my stash until they are all finished
    My daughters bought me a dolls house a couple of years ago and I have built it and painted it all,Im now onto the furniture,IVe got a few pieces that need painting so they will also get finished
    My son in law asked me to sew cross stitch picture for my daughter after they had their baby,its a quote from The Hobbit I think so Ive just bought all the bits to make that one but he is paying me back for the materials so it wont have cost me anything ,so thats another project that I get on with
    I!!!8217;m looking forward to the nicer weather so,I can get out and sort out my garden,I have neglected it over the winter due to illness and time but when the weather warms up I am going on a major tidying spree,the chicken coop is only half painted so that can be finished,I have an insect hotel that I got for Xmas to hang up as well and I have a large cube shaped pallet that I am slowly filling up with home made compost and I going to try and grow some veggies in there,me and my daughter used to have an allotment but gave it up due to lack of time so Im hoping I can grow a few bits from seed in this huge planter if I divide it up
    These are the plans I have come up with while lounging in bed this morning and now Ive written them down I will have to stick to the plan
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Love your plans, especially the garden. I didn't have any time/energy for mine last year and this year is likely to be the same unless I plan really carefully! Someone (Alan Titchmarsh?) recommended keeping the metre or so around the front door looking good if you can't do anything else so maybe that's what I should aim for! :D I am also hoping that if I get the chickens I can feed them the (safe) weeds and in return get some good compost.

Passwords: I know they say not to write them down but I do and as to losing the paper, oh yes! Been there, done that! In the end I got a notebook and wrote down what each site is with a key to the password, and try not to have too many passwords. That works for me until I lose the book :D. Most of the time it's easier to find than a paper.

I look forward to hearing about your progress with the cross stitch (what's the Hobbit quotation?) and dolls' house. I have my old dolls' house which my Dad made for me and hope to bring it back to its former glory sometime this year.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport