IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking Final Reminder

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    ok , 4 pages or reading

you have appealed , they delined , you have appealed to popla , they have increased the charge to over £100

take screen shop and report to the BPA , lets see if this mob get banned this time

I’m not sure a POPLA appeal has gone in?
  • Stormy2
    Stormy2 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2018 at 9:35PM
    Just to add that the actual fee has never been disclosed to the keeper officially. We only know what it is due to seeing it on the site when acting as though we would be paying it. The discounted period has now expired was on the first letter received (Final Demand) The 2 page email rejecting the appeal I sent has extended the discounted period but again no mention of the fee on that either. The only mention of money on any document from them is when they threaten to increase to £160. The reason I went pretending to pay was to find out what it actually was.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    correct you are advised to check for updates by entering your unique pcn number

a parking com is not allowed to increase charges or send extra letters whilst a appeal in in progress , take s/shot and kick off to the BPA
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you put a POPLA appeal in?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 January 2018 at 9:47PM
    If I go to Britannia Site now to pay it is £60! That is the fee right now! plus the card fee ofc. The overdue Parking Charge Notice will increase to £160 in the first instance of further action is stated on the paperword received in the post. The fee is not £100 at this point! If I pay now it will cost me £60 and it is all over. That is on their site and I've taken copies.

None of that matters. Insignificant. They could say it goes up to £1600 if they want, they still won't be paid by you.

The point is, even if you lose at POPLA, you don't PAY them! :eek:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    waamo wrote: »

Not according to #57 posted this morning
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post

hardly matters a code is active for 28+ days , and the op recieved theres less than 28 days ago ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Quentin wrote: »
    Not according to #57 posted this morning

see #78 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Stormy2
    Stormy2 Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 January 2018 at 9:37PM
    I keep saying the same thing then people are commenting on how many pages this is going on for. No I haven't. You have suggested I copy paste the linked one even though the email I have makes it look silly... I have looked at it and 3 out of the 4 reasons I can not use which seems as though it will make me look even more foolish than I already feel... that is why I am writing to all the agencies you suggested and will look for someone to help me with PoPLA after the weekend.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ok forget it , i,m out

you have been told that they will fold atv POPLa , instead you are willing to risk 6 yrs of crap letters and a potential court /ccj

pay up , I,m out
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills