Gb energy leaving issues and refund

Hello

I'm looking for advice on switching suppliers and getting a final bill and refund from gb energy.

I moved on 11 November but haven't had anything through from gb such as a final bill. I have worked out my last bill and I think they owe me 65 which is three months bills for me.

I've tried contacting gb through twitter and email and website with no response. Their phones are always busy.

Csn anyone advise how long I have to wait and what to do if I don't get a reply. I need the money so I can pay my new supplier. If I dont get this money back I may be forced to take a loan to cover the winter use and I am worried about being in debt to the new supplier as well

I had no issues with n power so why can't I get my money back from gb energy

Advice welcome thanks

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Wow - you clearly don't switch very often. Suppliers have up to 35 days to transfer your supply and 6 weeks from the date of transfer to produce your final bill. Refunds may take up to a month depending on the supplier and how much credit you have built up.
  • Thanks hengus I've only been in my own property four years and have switched three times this being my third. Never had problems in the past as my refund came quickly so don't have the experience of others who have lived in their own house for longer.

I'll give them the time and then go to the ombudsman. They are making money out of my money whilst I'm struggling to afford to have the heating on at all which I object to.

Thanks again
  • System
    Thanks hengus I've only been in my own property four years and have switched three times this being my third. Never had problems in the past as my refund came quickly so don't have the experience of others who have lived in their own house for longer.

I'll give them the time and then go to the ombudsman. They are making money out of my money whilst I'm struggling to afford to have the heating on at all which I object to.

Thanks again

You may find that things move faster. The problem is that the behind the scenes procedures that underpin the domestic energy sector would be worthy of a Third World country efficiency award. Ovo, for example, used to state that it could take them up to 12 weeks to produce a final bill if an independent gas transporter was involved in the switching process.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Gb Energy seem to have sacked all their customer service staff, or they have all gone a winter cruise together!

I have regular issues with them but they have always been responsive.

I have had no response to my email several days ago asking why my last bill showed a £4000 miss-charge that looks like it was adjusted off again. I want to know what happened.

Usually I get a quick response via messaging on their Facebook page but that is being ignored too.

I tried a direct email which has worked in the past but that bounced saying they don't respond to this method any more.

I could try phoning but usually find the phone people don't have the power to fix my readings issues fully.

Hello GB Energy??? anyone out there??????
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • marble
    marble Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I moved house a month ago and opened a support ticket requesting a final bill and closure of my account. Heard nothing until today where I got a ticket update saying

"At the moment we are experiencing higher than anticipated volumes, so it’s taking a little longer to respond than we would normally like."

Sounds like they're having some issues.
  • sillygoose
    I am on fixed but didn't they ramp up their prices massively recently for new and non fixed customers?

I presume they are struggling to cope with the exodus of people leaving and have either cut staff or they are jumping ship.

As is usual with cut price firms, they never seem to be sustainable.
  • I have been trying to find out whether my account has transferred to GB Energy since mid October but my three query forms have generated only one useless response. Money has been taken by them, and money refunded, no idea why. Emails to them are not accepted anymore. I have just given up trying to phone them after 33 minutes on hold. I would leave them if I knew I was activity them!
  • sillygoose
    Its got all the signs of a company about to go belly up.. what happens to our supply when they do?
  • System
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Its got all the signs of a company about to go belly up.. what happens to our supply when they do?

OFGEM steps in and it will move all customers to another supplier. (Supplier of Last Resort). There have been recent changes to the Supplier of Last Resort rules to protect consumer credit balances (yet to be tested).
  • asnac
    asnac Posts: 15 Forumite
    GB Energy were a very cheap supplier but massively hiked their prices recently. I switched but they still owe me £100. I sent them two messages on their website asking how/when they proposed to reimburse me, tried to phone but could not get through, sent a hard copy letter, eventually filled out a complaint form saying my next step would be Ofgem. They claim that they get back to customers after 48 hours but believe me that doesn't happen!

And they still had the effrontery to attempt to take this month's direct debit! Luckily I had cancelled it after I switched to a different company, and it shows as a debit and then an instant credit on my bank statement.

Don't switch to GB Energy and if you are with them, consider your options.:wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure