The CSA....again?

1235»

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can I ask a couple of questions?

How much is the mortgage? Does he pay all of it? If he has left you then you can get the interest paid - there are some exceptions to having to wait the full 9 months before getting it, someone like Fran may be able to help there I think?

Good Cause is really for situations such as you being in danger if he is to be made to pay CSA, so it may not be possible for you to claim this.

Do you know how much he earns net per month? Although this will be deducted from your Income Support. He may clearly not be able to pay both CSA and the mortgage
  • Can I ask a couple of questions?

How much is the mortgage? Does he pay all of it? If he has left you then you can get the interest paid - there are some exceptions to having to wait the full 9 months before getting it, someone like Fran may be able to help there I think?

reply;
    The mortgage is nearly £350 per month, i cant claim for the interest to be paid untill it is 40 wks i think? in the meantime i wouldnt be able to pay for the mortgage its self so would be at risk of loosing the house as no payment protection plan. he also does the home contents insurance and life poilcys.

Good Cause is really for situations such as you being in danger if he is to be made to pay CSA, so it may not be possible for you to claim this.

reply:
    As i explained its also undue stress as printed on the guide notes, last week i fell apart and had to have the assesment done, i have also spent a number of weeks in a phsyciatric unit, as well as this being the second time the crisis team have been involved i also have a cpn to help moniter my moods as it just gets to a point where it feels like it all builds up and i cant cope and fall apart.

Do you know how much he earns net per month? Although this will be deducted from your Income Support. He may clearly not be able to pay both CSA and the mortgage

reply:
    Net works out about 25k i think including pensions and stuff the bills and stuff h is paying for the house come out at about £500 per month, we have two boys aged 1 and 2, i have no training and have always done warehouse work up untill i concieved our first. He is still supporting the children ie the house and by providing them with security. I dont see any of the money it all goes from his account by DD to various payments not via me. When i had the initial income support interview i explainded all of this and after providing various forms of proof it has been ok`d the only issue now is the csa, he is supporting the children by providing a roof over their heads. I sometimes just feel it would be beeter for them if i said ok im sorry i cant povide everything for you and maybe you would both be better with daddy then i know they would have a home and financial security as well as love. At the moment it only feels i have love to give. sorry x
    Sus x:confused: _pale_
    sus x
  • Lil2002
    Lil2002 Posts: 296 Forumite
    If your ex is paying for stuff for the kids i.e. mortgage, bills for them, it would be taken into consideration by the CSA. It would be a Variation, and if you're talking with anyone from the CSA, that would be the term to use.
    A link to the page on the website
    http://www.csa.gov.uk/new/walkthrough/variations.asp

Also a link to the CSA Good Cause page.
    http://www.csa.gov.uk/new/walkthrough/application2.asp

I hope everything works out for you.
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The variation in respect of mortgage payments states that the NRP must NOT have any legal interest in the property or own any part of it in order to be granted any such variation - i.e. they need to be paying it purely for the benefit of the PWC and the children and NOT themselves (even if they live elsewhere) - so that isn't going to help at all.

Check with Income Support because there are circumstances where the 40 week rule is ignored such as the case of desertion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure