OCD about Comping

Options
I am work and getting comping withdrawal symptons...

does anyone else get a bit anxious if they go more than a day without comping...I know I do but its because I am an end date comper and if I miss a day i get very anxious....

I was just wondering if their is anyone else in the same boat as I go home after work and comp for an hour or two every night
Blessed on 18th February 2014 at 0814 with little Sarah xxx

Comments

• Madrabbitgirl
    Options
    I can't say it makes me feel anxious, if I miss a day I just try to enter a few extra over the next few days but then I only usually do about 30 a day anyway so then I haven't really got all that much to make up. Maybe rather than enter for the ones ending the next day, you could enter the ones that are ending in a few days time, so if you missed a day or two you would still have a bit of time to enter and not feel as if you are missing out? I don't know if this would help?

It does make me feel a bit miserable at times if I've had no win for more than a couple of days but i know the chances are that I'm not going to win all the time so I'll have to get used to it! I feel so elated when I get a win though and also the hope that I might win keeps me going! I find keeping busy helps if I'm having a not such a good day, maybe doing something else you enjoy would take your mind off it for a bit? Comping should be a bit of fun, not something that's going to make you anxious or get you down.
    :D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I just had to miss over 2 weeks' worth. Was hard! Just trying to get motivated again now...

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Lynnie27
    Lynnie27 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I went to Torquay for a week and found myself itching to get to a pc to comp, when I got home I tried to make up for lost time. Then, when moving house recently, the same thing happened, I was really anxious to get back to comping and tried desperately to enter the comps I had missed over the few days I was too busy to sit down and enter. I'm glad I'm not the only one :)
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lol I am at an airport right now trying to get some last minute comping in before my holiday and panicking about what comps I will miss out on while away.
    Thank you all who post.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm the same, the longer the day goes on the more twitchy I become - I'm an addict! When I go on holiday it's an absolute mare having to return & catch up on all the comps.
  • 1trainer1
    1trainer1 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    just glad its not only me then....

it keeps me quiet at home so the missus can her have own time
    Blessed on 18th February 2014 at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
  • catmiaow
    catmiaow Posts: 5,954 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Definitely I missed two weeks whilst on honeymoon, I didn't think much about it until I got home. I find it a nightmare catching up whilst I have been away. I am going to miss loads of comping this year, a week in July, a week in September, a couple of days in Oct and Dec. That will be a nightmare.
    No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one! :mad:

Thanks to everyone who posts competitions. You are the stars of the board :T:j:T
  • Short-n-Sweet
    Short-n-Sweet Posts: 7,129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I suffer with anxiety and OCD anyway so a big fat YES from me. I feel lost and worried i am missing out! (like last week totally missed the win every hour ones) kicked myself. I also started working friday afternoons..and Twitter have most competitions on a friday..so im always out when the best ones are running and it secretly kills me.

I try to keep on top of comps. I really hate missing them. It has become a complete obsession. I try to comp on my phone if away from the PC from to long. It is THAT BAD. lol
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
  • Alex_max
    Alex_max Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    So nice to hear i'm not alone in my comping addiction :D :rotfl:

I was away for three days and had no access to the internet and i was panicking about all the comps i was missing, even now i'm dreading going away for the week where again there's no pc or internet. I think i just love to comp, even though i know i won't win all the time, i love the surprises :)
    Advents 2016: Delonghi coffee machine, Lily O'Brien chocolate hamper, make up brush, Fujifilm Instax Camera, Longines scarf, 3 x books, blistex lip balm
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 June 2012 at 2:10PM
    Options
    I think maybe we all need therapy ;)

A couple of years ago, I went on a four-day break to Wales with my partner and, when I got back, just entered the main comps. I'd missed. Thank god I did, I won a Loose Women comp. from one of the days I was away! Now I'm paranoid about not missing any of the "biggies" ...
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family