What small MSE things will you do w/c 5th March

Comments

• PurpleFairy Thank you for starting this weeks thread.

I have been reading along over the last few weeks but I've not felt I've had anything to contribute.

I am also going to accept that things went to pot a few weeks ago regarding the contents of the fridge and then I buried my head in the sand. Today I am going to draw a line under this episode, deal with the science projects in the fridge. After this, I will get back on track with the usual of checking the contents regularly and planning how and when to use them.

sounds like you're being hard on yourself BB - I love your posts and always think Jeez you do so much!

Yeah it happens doesn't it? I cannot claim the same level of keeping on top of fridge items that some of us do on this thread! I've gone back to fortnightly shopping and it's always a struggle when there's a lot of food in! I'll pledge to look through each day to try to avoid any wastage...

used up lo cabbage with batch cooked lo chicken, rice & veg casserole :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all :)
    Thanks for the start PF :)
    HK and CLF - hope you are ok :(

I have had a VERY spendy day _pale_
    Had to pay 4 weeks rent upfront on the flat my brother has been allocated, plus obtain some basic furniture / household stuff. Most of it came from either freecycle or my stash, but still had to buy bed sheets, a cooker, fridge and table. OH and I have to get the freecycle stuff later this week, so hoping it isn't too heavy. Brother is starting a temp job so won't be around. I ASSUME he is grateful for this, and our keeping him for the last 3 months :( Thank goodness we have savings!
    At least he is leaving, it has really taken it out of OH and I one way and another. :mad: Looking forward to getting back to whatever normal is!

Not much done except for trailing round charity shops, HA offices etc. OH and I even had lunch out as we were stuck in neighbouring town at lunchtime and hadn't taken anything with us :o Only a baguette and coffee, but still!

* HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fruit
    *Washed breakfast stuff up by hand instead of runnng DW more than once
    * Cooked fish from the freezer for dinner
    * Spendy again, but if there are any Home & Barker fans out there, they have discontinued one of their duvet set designs and are selling off for £9.99 double and £14.99 king. I couldn't let a bargain like that slip by, especially as I have given the old bedding from my stash to my bro!

Right, I am going to wash up the stragglers that haven't made it into the DW (OH did it, and always manages to leave things out), watch Collateral on TV, and then go to bed. Another day tomorrow! :j
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,558
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sounds like you're being hard on yourself BB - I love your posts and always think Jeez you do so much!

Yeah it happens doesn't it? I cannot claim the same level of keeping on top of fridge items that some of us do on this thread! I've gone back to fortnightly shopping and it's always a struggle when there's a lot of food in! I'll pledge to look through each day to try to avoid any wastage...

used up lo cabbage with batch cooked lo chicken, rice & veg casserole :money:

Thanks DNMS It's interesting how different we perceive ourselves and others see us.

Whilst dealing with the fridge I unearthed a tub of leftover crumble topping made by OH from the last time we had crumble, teamed that up with cooking apples gifted from a friend, free crumble for pudding :j
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    1LuckyLady wrote: »

Wash out the yankee candle jar that we finished yesterday as I will make use for it somewhere! I've got a couple in the bathroom with ear buds/cotton buds in. :)clean inside, will have a go at getting the sticky stuff off the outside of it tomorrow.

A squirt of WD40 should remove any sticky stuff

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ziggy2407
    Forumite
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

PF - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Back to normality now as snow slowly melting and school is re-opened. Today we have/will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Bake Banana Cake - Done
    Load of towels to be Washed - Done
    Pay mum's rent - Done
    Post a couple of parcels - Done
    Purge a few emails - Done
    Enter a few comps - Done
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL - Done

Have a great day all.

C x

Not a bad day, even remembered to read meters and upload to supplier.

Love and hugs to you all, night all x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Well the lurgy has finally found me and descended with full force - i feel rubbish and DH is in the doghouse for passing it on to me.

Had a bit of a lazy day at work as had lots of phone calls to make today but no voice to make them with. Oh well more to add to the list for tomorrow.

Have tried to keep busy to take my mind off the ickyness so managed a fairly frugal friendly day

:A NSD today - largely due to being icky and not going out
    :A sold a bag of baby clothes online - £12 to debt jar and more space reclaimed
    :A B, L, D from stores
    :A heating on for one hour to take chill off
    :A walked kids to nursery instead of driving
    :A rang student loans company and reclaimed money I mistakenly paid while on maternity
    :A used up some ancient pizza bases from cupboard, half a tin of tomato puree leftover from our italian chicken and some cooked meat to make homemade pizzas for the smalls
    :A made the most of oven being on and made potato dauphinoise for tomorrows tea
    :A also made banana and choc chip muffins to use up manky bananas and some dregs of flour and sugar i'd found in cupboard
    :A made first batch of laundry gloop - impressed so far it removed paint i got on my top yesterday - be interested to see how it copes with baby clothes

Off to bed now - hoping to feel a bit better tomorrow. Also hoping DH goes back to work tomorrow as he took the day off sick today despite being on the mend and he's getting under my feet already (not to mention it will make our budget very tight next week as he doesnt get sick pay
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 March 2018 at 7:45AM
    Morning :)

Hope you feel better soon spudsmum! x

day 6 of 8 off :D Meeting up with dd today and going for a free swim and sauna :)

Also:

* checked banking and did a transfer
    * spent A LOT of time going through thrify lesley blog mining recipes :)
    * all meals from stores
    * oh having lo chicken & broccoli casserole. I'll have spicy BNS soup :)
    * whilst I'm going into town will pick up replacement blind, muffin tray & tights for madam - hopefully winter tights will be in sale and I'll grab a pack to put in the loft for next winter ;)
    * continue to stay on top of house. Might even clean windows in lounge
    * hang up washing & do another load
    * plant some lettuce seeds
    * brown bananas out of freezer to bake a cake while the oven is on later
    * onepoll
    * list 3 things

Ok that'll do! Happy days guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 March 2018 at 6:49PM
    Morning all :)
    Had very little sleep again, and was awake by 5, so up early.
    Washing machine is on and breakfast eaten, but not nearly enough coffee has been consumed yet :rotfl:

Today's plans include:
    Hoping the weather is ok so that washing can go out Yes, it was nice and it got nearly dry on the line :)
    Check banks and update spreadsheet - also add all yesterday's spends :eek: Done
    Ring the CS I bought large items for my brother yesterday, to find out roughly what time they will deliver Done, all delivered - annoyingly though I discovered that another CS had the same items much cheaper :(
    Go to his flat at the appropriate time to let them in (he has a few days work so is out during the day) Done, lovely view from the kitchen window of lambs and the canal :) Hope he realises how lucky he is!!
    Take an old pair of curtains from here to see if they will fit the bedroom window. If so put them up - I bought that stretchy wire stuff yesterday, as I can't afford poles etc. If he wants those he will have to get them himself later when he has some money. He probably won't though. Done, they fit perfectly
    Take stuff out of camper van to get it ready for its service / inspection next week. I will go through the cooking etc items from there as there is too much, to see if there is anything that my brother needs. At least this business is helping with the decluttering! Done, got rid of about half of the contents!
    Pick up special offer meat order from butcher Done
    Look in charity shops while in town to see if they have any suitable curtains and one or two other items I am still to source Nothing suitable today
    Chase up seller of the oven I have also bought for the flat, to see when she wants it picked up Tomorrow - allegedly! We will see!
    RM surveys tasks Done
    Hoover lounge if I get a minute Not done
    All HM meals Done, made stew in the SC for dinner
    Maybe look for surveys later Probably not :(
    Went to sales unit while out, and discovered that some items have sold, leaving quite big gaps on my shelves. Must sort out some items to take down tomorrow when I go to pick up the oven :)
    Redid hanging baskets, made the most of the nice day :) I grow strawberries in my baskets,and used runners and plants I already had :)
    Offered remaining strawberry plants on freecycle, as I am determined not to fill up random troughs etc with them this year! A couple of replies already :)
    Found some old Observer books (anyone remember those?) that DD1 had written her name in when she was at primary school :) I will give them to her for her children :)

Definitely need more coffee first though!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello:

It must have been MSE hair cut day yesterday determined as I had mine done too. First time in nearly two years :o I had about 10 inches of pony tail cut off and I'll donate it to charity that makes wigs for children who've had cancer. Cut was only £15 too :money:

Things for today:
    DH and I have chicken curry I made on Sunday. I'm meeting a friend for lunch (at work) so I'll heat mine and take it to the cafe with me :)
    Packed lunch for small, last of loaf I bought at the weekend to use up
    Made this last night to use up some satsumas. So that will be pudding for everyone with some left for later in the week. https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/clementine-almond-and-olive-oil-cake
    Present I got yesterday on offer at wholesaler to add to list and move money from present pot
    Hot drink for commute made with morning kettle boil
    Check banking, made another overpayment to loan. Very pleased we have paid off £1600 since January on it.
    Used some lotions and potions on my face post shower :rotfl:
    Used much less shampoo now hair is much shorter ;)
    Right must finish last few tasks before school run.

Quick question for sourdough queens (looking at you Foxgloves) - I've made it in a big kilner type jar. Should lid be fixed shut to not let air in or just 'covered' ?

Have a great day folks. Purps.
  • ziggy2407
    Forumite
    edited 6 March 2018 at 9:16PM
    Good Morning All

Dawn - Hope you manage to find some time for yourself as you sound so busy at the mo

Today we have/will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Meat in SC for tea - Done
    Gym (rehab/physio) - Done, loved it
    DIY Pamper session - Done
    Prep a couple of letters/parcels -
    Purge a few emails - Done a few
    Enter a few comps - Done a couple
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL - Done

Have a great day all.