IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from fistral beach Newquay

Comments

• Alison1107
    Alison1107 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2016 at 9:57PM
    how do i find out when the deadline is? i have 14 days to pay £60 or £100 within 28. i presumed it would be to send it within the first 14 days
  • You have 28 days to appeal. And that ought to be stated somewhere on the PCN too.
  • Thank you. I'll have another read through and see if I can see if it says how long. I didn't see it earlier hence why I asked.
  • Alison1107 wrote: »
    It says the car was in the car park from 13.13 and exited at 13.37. So i think this was probably over the grace period time.

I'm not nearly as well up on these things as some of the other folks on here, but I *think* the grace period for ANPR controlled car parks is 15 minutes. So, yes you are slightly over that.

However, there are plenty of other angles you can explore (but not till POPLA stage).
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 October 2016 at 8:52PM
    I'm not nearly as well up on these things as some of the other folks on here, but I *think* the grace period for ANPR controlled car parks is 15 minutes. So, yes you are slightly over that.

However, there are plenty of other angles you can explore (but not till POPLA stage).

For a BPA operator there are two grace periods. This is what their Code of Practice says:
    13.1 Your approach to parking management must allow a driver who enters your car park but decides not to park, to leave the car park within a reasonable period without having their vehicle issued with a parking charge notice.
    13.2 You should allow the driver a reasonable ‘grace period’ in which to decide if they are going to stay or go. If the driver is on your land without permission you should still allow them a grace period to read your signs and leave before you take enforcement action.
    13.3 You should be prepared to tell us the specific grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is.
    13.4 You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the private car park after the parking contract has ended, before you take enforcement action. If the location is one where parking is normally permitted, the Grace Period at the end of the parking period should be a minimum of 10 minutes.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Alison1107 wrote: »
    Thank you. I'll have another read through and see if I can see if it says how long. I didn't see it earlier hence why I asked.

It would definitely help if you could upload a copy of the notice. Details of how to do this are in one of the earlier posts....
  • You need to block out the PCN number too and the barcode.

Reason being that parking companies read these threads and you don't want them to be able to work out who you are.
  • hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2exrfjp/9
  • Well done! Here's a working link for others to use:

http://tinypic.com/r/2exrfjp/9
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can't see it on this PC. But we know Smart do not use compliant POFA wording to hold a keeper liable, so it really is very simple for a keeper to win at POPLA, firstly using the blue writing appeal in the NEWBIES thread.

Certainly worth fighting because if you then use the right POPLA wording (again it's in template form but in 'POPLA Decisions') you will win in the end.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure