The Great 'Job Based Discounts' Hunt

Comments

• Thanks for the Dominoes Pizza discount advise - however, if you are a serving police officer - all discounts from businesses must be registered with your local constabulary as bona fida discount scheme - otherwise 'flashing the warrant card for discount' can be a disciplinary offence - I am sure officers would want to avoid. So the bottom line is check it out with your own police force before jumping aboard.
    Food and Smellies Shop target £50 pw - managed average of £49 per week in 2013 down to £38.90 per week in 2016
  • Martin,

In the force where I work - you are NOT allowed to just flash your warrant card - or ask for job discount. All discounts have to be registered with the force - so word of mouth discounts or businesses just saying you can have something for half price are not supported by the police. This is because of the police's professional conduct ethics - police officers seen taking discounts that are not authorised by the force can result in disciplinary proceedings. The best route for a police officer to take is to ask their local Sports and Recreational Assoication who may have a list of discounted schemes.
    Food and Smellies Shop target £50 pw - managed average of £49 per week in 2013 down to £38.90 per week in 2016
  • sue-f_4
    sue-f_4 Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I work for the ambulance service and we do get half price pizza if we collect, but don't you get half price if you collect anyway??
  • Unfortunately not a police officer, but do work for them so don't get discounts at Pizza Hut. Not sure if they still do it but used to get discount at Nandos if member of emergency services, including police officers.

Yes, the police get 20% discount at Nandos on production of a warrant card. One for each person getting the discount required so not as good for taking the family but great for leaving do's
  • If anyone else works in Meadowhall, dont forget to apply for a 'Staff Go Shop Card'. Application forms are at the customer service desks and you get a minimum of 10% everywhere. A number of shops give much more discounts but you must get a voucher from the terminals on the malls before hand.

Any member of staff from any outlet are entitled, just get your manager to confirm you work there on the form.

:T
    Debt at Highest, £18,000.00 :eek:

As of October 2010, Debt Free!!! :j:T
  • Amanda65 wrote:
    Jassi - I work for an occupational benevolent fund and we are members if The Occupation Benevolent Funds Alliance (OBFA) - an umbrella organisation for 80 plus usch organisations. We have launched a website at https://www.joblinks.org.uk and if your dad (or anyone else) goes into the site and types in his occupation it will come up with a list of charities that may be able to offer some financial support - the one that springs to mind is The National Dairymans Benevolent Fund (type 'dairy' in the search engine for their details) Good luck
    Thanks for that information,Amanda! I know it's going to be very helpful to many people I work with,and I was completely unaware of your organisation,so thanks again for sharing this useful information!
    You can never have too many cats!
  • pealy
    pealy Posts: 458 Forumite
    Gap Shopping Spree Event

Gap would like to invite Going Places, (this includes all the MyTravel Group), to participate in our Shopping Spree Event taking place from 23rd to 26th March. This exclusive offer will allow MyTravel/Going Places employees 30% off all Gap brands

Invite is available to employees only on the MyTravel Intranet

Small Print..

Offer valid in the UK only at Gap, Gapkids, Babygap, Gapbody and Gap Outlet. The spring shopping spree can not be combined with any other discount or multiple offer and applies to merchandise only, not value of gift certificates purchased. The discount does not apply to (RED) branded product. Certain other merchandise exclusions may apply; see stores for details. Return of Spring Shopping Spree purchases will be for the price actually paid. Exchanges for different sizes are permitted; however, the discount will not be applied to exchanges for different Merchandise. This offer is not transferable without the consent of Gap. No price adjustments are allowed on previous purchases or purchases with this invite.

This invite must presented for the discount.

reason code: 240
  • If you are police/police staff in Greater Manchester, you get about 25% discount at pizza hut. You can also get 10% off at outdoor shops such as Blacks/Cotswolds. My local Vue cinema also gives discount on the production of a warrant card, similar to student discount. Finally I've recently found out (via accident!) that if your in uniform, the local Starbucks will also give you a free brew.
    Happy Slurping!

:j
  • angelwds
    angelwds Posts: 620 Forumite
    All Veterinary staff get 20% off PetPlan pet insurance just ask when you apply by phone, not very exciting I know but it might help someone.....
    :A OFFICIAL Boots Tart :A and member of the PAH! club :rotfl:
    Lapsed member of the £2 coin savers club.....:rolleyes:
  • cbmrr
    cbmrr Posts: 72 Forumite
    Civil service Motoring Association CSMA have discounts for civil servants, ex civil servants, relatives of a member or those work for an organisation that had its roots in the civil service, for instance BT or the PO.

The insurance deals, especially motor, used to be good but these days I find better ones via this site.

Britannia Rescue deal is cheaper than full price AA or RAC if you like what they offer. The carshop appears to be well supported, though I have not personally used it. There are discounts ranging from 5% to 25% on travel and entry to places like Thorpe Park and LegoLand. CSMA have their own hotels and leisure properties too. (Ghyll Manor is very nice, not tried the others so far.)

The usual credit cards, loans and financial advice are also available.

I stay a member because I like Motoring and Leisure magazine. £12.50pa for that, I think membership to CSMA is free. You get a card and a booklet explaining the discounts available to you.

As an ex civil servant I'm out of touch now with the current discounts other than CSMA.
    Zeroth law: A robot may not injure humanity, or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure