Claims code issued - whats it mean ?

This has flagged up on Ebay tracking a phone that was sent to me over a week ago by a seller who stupidly used MyHermes instead of Royal Mail first class as in the listing

God knows where it is now - but what does claim code issued mean ?

It states it 4 times in the Ebay tracking popup - but there is no link in any of them ?
As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)

Comments

• thepedestrian
    thepedestrian Posts: 997 Forumite
    It means that the seller/sender has initiated a claim (for loss, damage, etc) - according to Ebay forums - I did contact the seller about using MyHermes and he has apparently taking it up with them I suppose
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,195 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Have you got an INR claim open, if not I'd get one open ASAP while seller sorts his claim out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • thepedestrian
    Have just done that thanks Soolin !
  • soolin
    Have just done that thanks Soolin !

It doesn't hurt to protect your position whilst things get sorted out in the background.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Beginning to smell a bit now - seller contacts me and says that he has phoned MyHermes and was told that it had been delivered and signed for ! - not to me it wasn't !

funnily enough MyHermes sent me an email a few hours before saying the issue had been resolved and that the parcel has been deemed to be lost
    - how odd !?

Seller now wants my Paypal details so he can refund me himself - as Ebay are preventing him doing so ?
  • soolin
    Beginning to smell a bit now - seller contacts me and says that he has phoned MyHermes and was told that it had been delivered and signed for ! - not to me it wasn't !

funnily enough MyHermes sent me an email a few hours before saying the issue had been resolved and that the parcel has been deemed to be lost
    - how odd !?

Seller now wants my Paypal details so he can refund me himself - as Ebay are preventing him doing so ?

If you have a case open then the refund will be made automatically once it gets escalated if seller can't prove delivery. What is the date at which you can escalate?
  • thepedestrian
    Hi Soolin - thanks for reading - 18th of this month is the date given by Ebay
  • thepedestrian
    Seller has now refunded via Paypal - so I guess I should close the case now ?
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Go into your PayPal account from your browser to check it's not a fake email.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • I didn't understand why the seller stated he couldn't refund via eBay. Isn't the option to refund a buyer and close a case always available in a sellers resolution centre??

Is it possible to ring Paypal and ask if the refund was from the sellers balance or was it funded via a credit card..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure