Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    sundawg wrote: »
    After committing to a full cancel and having my service disconnected, I received a call from Sky with an offer of 2TB Sky Q, Sky Q mini, free install, and the full package with HD for £52pm for 18 months. Was happy with this and took it!

that seems expensive? Whats the normal price for this package?
    Anyway i just called them to get a deal on my 75% off the full package - paying £18.50 a month for the past year - they got nowhere near that, and it was £41 per month for full package, sports, movies - £26 a month for entertainment + Kids and on 18 month contract plus the dreaded £10 admin fee.

I cancelled and said my goodbyes...

So unless they offer me a better deal within the next month, I'm off sky for as long as it takes

More than happy with Netflix which is a lot lot cheaper. Thanks Sky but no thanks.
  • sundawg
    sundawg Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    shaggy wrote: »
    that seems expensive? Whats the normal price for this package?
    Anyway i just called them to get a deal on my 75% off the full package - paying £18.50 a month for the past year - they got nowhere near that, and it was £41 per month for full package, sports, movies - £26 a month for entertainment + Kids and on 18 month contract plus the dreaded £10 admin fee.

I cancelled and said my goodbyes...

So unless they offer me a better deal within the next month, I'm off sky for as long as it takes

More than happy with Netflix which is a lot lot cheaper. Thanks Sky but no thanks.

I think that's quite good considering I have everything now. The package alone would be £84.50 normally, as well as £85 for all the equipement. So I am happy with this :)
  • Sky Chat, ask for Retention Team.
    Just signed up to keep going as per last year with 2017 Boxsets..

2018 I'll pay £41 for 18 month contract.
    Sky Entertainment Pack - £20 (full price £25)
    Complete Sports Pack - £10 (£28)
    Cinema - £6 (£10)
    Box Sets - £1 (£5)
    HD Pack - £1 (£6)
    Kids Pack - £1 (£5)
    Sports HD Pack - £2 (£10)
    Total - £41 per month

Equates to 54% discount from the £89. No chat on here of anything better so just signed up. This was my first offer, and didn't play the cancellation game this year. (forgot Ive got a £10 single admin fee? what ever bull7hit that is)
    Changed times at Sky (takeover by Disney).... (so the £32/m 60% off last year is a distant memory)
  • Sky Chat, ask for Retention Team.
    Just signed up to keep going as per last year with 2017 Boxsets..

2018 I'll pay £41 for 18 month contract.
    Sky Entertainment Pack - £20 (full price £25)
    Complete Sports Pack - £10 (£28)
    Cinema - £6 (£10)
    Box Sets - £1 (£5)
    HD Pack - £1 (£6)
    Kids Pack - £1 (£5)
    Sports HD Pack - £2 (£10)
    Total - £41 per month

Equates to 54% discount from the £89. No chat on here of anything better so just signed up. This was my first offer, and didn't play the cancellation game this year. (forgot Ive got a £10 single admin fee? what ever bull7hit that is)
    Changed times at Sky (takeover by Disney).... (so the £32/m 60% off last year is a distant memory)

That's not bad at all (now), although HD is £5 not £6 and I've come to the conclusion that £20 is actually the full price for Entertainment. You can pay £25 for a rolling monthly contract (you'd not have got the other discounts in your case) but I think the £5 discount is smoke and mirrors from Sky.

Overall though I'd be happy with that deal.
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    I'm paying £22.37 for Box sets HD, Sports HD on a 12 month contract. The Sports HD is a rolling month contract so can be cancelled with 30 days notice. This is the same deal I had last year, I had to cancel and endure a long live chat conversation to get it!
  • EllasPa
    EllasPa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    So my 60% discount offer just came to an end on my Entertainment package. I was paying £12.80 for the £32 bundle. With the price increase it was going to be £33.50.
    I went on to live chat and was told the retention offers no longer existed but they could re-do the contract for the same bundle. Upshot was the an 18 month contract at £15 + £1 for kids channels = £16 per month. Took a long time on live chat, over an hour, but happy with the outcome.
    There is a £10 admin charge to change the contract however.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    EllasPa wrote: »
    So my 60% discount offer just came to an end on my Entertainment package. I was paying £12.80 for the £32 bundle. With the price increase it was going to be £33.50.
    I went on to live chat and was told the retention offers no longer existed but they could re-do the contract for the same bundle. Upshot was the an 18 month contract at £15 + £1 for kids channels = £16 per month. Took a long time on live chat, over an hour, but happy with the outcome.
    There is a £10 admin charge to change the contract however.

you should have told them you dont agree with admin charge and goodbye! They usually waiver it. A joke rip off and a hidden charge which makes them good money no doubt. There never was an admin charge until very recently! It doesnt cost them £10 to change your package details LOL
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mouse10 wrote: »
    I'm paying £22.37 for Box sets HD, Sports HD on a 12 month contract. The Sports HD is a rolling month contract so can be cancelled with 30 days notice. This is the same deal I had last year, I had to cancel and endure a long live chat conversation to get it!

If that is for the full Sports pack in HD ,then that is about the best deal I've heard of/read about lately. Must be ~ 70% discount ?:T
  • brewerdave wrote: »
    If that is for the full Sports pack in HD ,then that is about the best deal I've heard of/read about lately. Must be ~ 70% discount ?:T

I did wonder if that's perhaps just the HD for the Sports channels and they've not included the channels cost (or even actually got the channels :) )
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »

Its the same deal I had last year, and they let me have it for another 12 months. It was £16.37 for Box sets HD and full sports pack, I added Sports HD for £6 a month on a rolling month contract. They would have done the Sports HD for £2 a month but only on an 18 month contract, which I didn't want.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback