Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,144
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 8 March 2018 at 8:02AM
    Morning all :)
    Did not realise people still had snow. Ours is long gone thank goodness.
    I think DH must have the flu thing. He is meant to be at an extremely important meeting this morning but cannot get out of bed, hot, cold, achey etc :(
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    No more wine here for me, stocked up and daren't spend anymore.
    3 bottles of asti compared nicely last night as did 3 bottles of friexenet, both nice gifts for throughout the year.
    Thanks for the great team effort!

I feel I!!!8217;m just getting going:rotfl:

I went to bed without checking my Frixxy last night:oTotally forgot about it:o
    Anyway my 3 bottles worked. The bottles are beautiful. I!!!8217;m tempted to polish them:rotfl::rotfl:

They will make great gifts
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754
    Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Did not realise people still had snow. Ours is long gone thank goodness.
    I think DH must have the flu thing. He is meant to be at an extremely important meeting this morning but cannot get out of bed, hot, cold, achey etc :(

We’ve just got rid of the last of it and we have a thick frost this morning.

Goodness ....this winter seems to be going on forever:o

Hope DH is ok.....and Michaels too........backache can be so debilitating.:o:A
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Good Morning :hello:

We have had more snow this morning :mad:

We have had enough GO AWAY
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Aww...how lovely Di.....how are you managing to stop her bouncing all over you.....ouch:o

Bubbs...how much are the coupons for in the T mag. They look like a good comparison v S?

It's very hard not having a cuddle but just watching her zooming around everywhere is a pleasure.

This is the first snow I've seen I know we had some last week but I didn't actually see it do it doesn't count.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Good morning all, gorgeous day out there, lovely sunshine and enough of a breeze to dry a couple of loads of washing (hopefully) :D
    henrik777 wrote: »
    I'm puzzled by what you are trying to do.

You have a phone locked to Vodafone and want to use a talkmobile sim in it but are asking talkmobile to unlock the phone ?

If that is correct then you should be asking Vodafone to unlock. (although it shouldn't need unlocking to do this anyway)

Not you as well :mad::mad::rotfl::rotfl:

Phone is locked to Vodafone.

I have been using TalkMobile sim in it for more than 2 years.

Asked TalkMobile for NUC expecting them to ask for details they needed, was delighted when they sent unlock for correct IMEI.

Did not work. They said they got it off manufacturer, and I got the impression that was the end of it from them, manufacturer said they do not issue NUCs.

Thought right, it is locked to Vodafone (carriers for TalkMobile) so I asked them, they said not unless I used their PAYG sim in it for 30 days.

Went back to TalkMobile, finally got an apologetic answer saying they are escalating it to a higher level and am now waiting to hear.

I have never had this sort of trouble unlocking a phone before :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,865
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Phone is locked to Vodafone.

I have been using TalkMobile sim in it for more than 2 years.

Asked TalkMobile for NUC expecting them to ask for details they needed, was delighted when they sent unlock for correct IMEI.

Did not work. They said they got it off manufacturer, and I got the impression that was the end of it from them, manufacturer said they do not issue NUCs.

Thought right, it is locked to Vodafone (carriers for TalkMobile) so I asked them, they said not unless I used their PAYG sim in it for 30 days.

Went back to TalkMobile, finally got an apologetic answer saying they are escalating it to a higher level and am now waiting to hear.

I have never had this sort of trouble unlocking a phone before :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This does make sense. It is locked to Vodafone. TalkMobile have a small number range within the Vodafone range. They are unlikely to have the power to unlock a phone that is locked by Vodafone, so you need to go back to Vodafone. Vodafone only offer free unlocking to their own customers, so you need to be a customer.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 8 March 2018 at 9:08AM
    silvercar wrote: »
    This does make sense. It is locked to Vodafone. TalkMobile have a small number range within the Vodafone range. They are unlikely to have the power to unlock a phone that is locked by Vodafone, so you need to go back to Vodafone. Vodafone only offer free unlocking to their own customers, so you need to be a customer.

Thank you. I am waiting to hear from TalkMobile maybe they will go to Vodafone? If that doesn't work then Ebay it is!

Just one other note - I do not want to swap to Vodafone then back to Talk Mobile. I have a golden number, it is one I do not want to lose. I have my suspicions that numbers like mine might accidentally disappear in the process of switching providers, especially twice in a row. I suppose if I had to I could pop the Vodafone sim in, send a text to it, then pop my TalkMobile sim in once a day, but surely this could damage the sim?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good morning all

1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:72)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Blooming white stuff, grumble, grumble...

Went to B00ts, to use those offers before they expire.

Got O/B bodyspray, O/B toothpaste, O/B handwash, and Aspirin.

Spent 2.55 from giftcard, got 2.75 back in points.

75pts female deodorant/75pts dental/75pts for buying 2 toiletries plus Aspirin was only 30p and qualified as healthcare, so 50pts there.:D

I like freebies.:D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure