Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• loobiej1
    Options
    Vman100 wrote: »
    I had my valuation on the 1st after submitting application on 29th January. The broker informed me what the value came back as the very next day but Nationwide only received it today apparently. Broker reckons they won't assess my application until next Monday. He says they are having log delays just now!! Pulling my hair out!

oh no, i was hoping this time of year theyd be quiet!
    i hope you hear something before Monday.

i haven't heard anything today regarding valuation booking, i do find it odd that they do this before accepting documents etc, my friends just had mortgage offer with Halifax from DIP to offer it only took 3weeks!
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    loobiej1 wrote: »
    oh no, i was hoping this time of year theyd be quiet!
    i hope you hear something before Monday.

i haven't heard anything today regarding valuation booking, i do find it odd that they do this before accepting documents etc, my friends just had mortgage offer with Halifax from DIP to offer it only took 3weeks!

When did you submit a full application? Many people have a valuation booked a few days later. Mine took almost two weeks but this was because NW chose my application to go for a random audit check at head office. They apparently do this with 10% of cases. I would check with your MB or ring NW directly and see what the delay is. If its gone to head office apparently you cant do anything apart from sitting it out. Once it’s back a valuation will be done x
  • x_malibubabe
    x_malibubabe Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2018 at 11:49AM
    Options
    Hello :)

FTBs, leasehold flat. No idea what to expect and keep getting conflicting timescales from mortgage broker and solicitor! Solicitor (ours) and seller (deceased owner's brother) hope to exchange on 22/3/18 - we were advised on 31/1 six weeks to completion which I'm apprehensive about. It sounds too quick?

8/1/18 - AIP
    13/2/18 - put in mortgage application through broker with Nationwide FTB.
    16/2/18 - valuation booked

Broker has said it usually takes about 8-12 weeks from application to completion so we're looking at 10/4 to 8/5 rather than end of March!

Any idea on a realistic timescale? Is the end of March actually achievable? I can't see why it wouldn't be, we are FTB and the flat has been vacant since October.
  • loobiej1
    Options
    Fisa002 wrote: »
    When did you submit a full application? Many people have a valuation booked a few days later. Mine took almost two weeks but this was because NW chose my application to go for a random audit check at head office. They apparently do this with 10% of cases. I would check with your MB or ring NW directly and see what the delay is. If its gone to head office apparently you cant do anything apart from sitting it out. Once it’s back a valuation will be done x

I only submitted it FA Friday broker did say it would be a day or 2.
    i hope they get intouch soon x
  • zoedmc
    Options
    I received my official offer from bank yesterday :)

Does anyone have a estimate on how long the surveyor will take to do the necessary?
  • Mermaid89
    Options
    12/02 - Valuation
    13/02 - Mortgage offer! Just waiting for it to arrive the in post

Looking to exchange on 09/03
  • Dolly123
    Dolly123 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    zoedmc wrote: »
    I received my official offer from bank yesterday :)

Does anyone have a estimate on how long the surveyor will take to do the necessary?

We have some surveyors that do Valuation then its offered the next day! :beer:
  • Supersy
    Supersy Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    15/1 - DIP with HALIFAX
    16/1 - New build reserved
    17/1 - Went through a broker as case complicated, DIP with NATWEST, Noticed my ID was out of date, requested new passport and driving license.
    01/02 - Full application to NATWEST
    06/02 - Case accepted pending valuation
    09/02 - valuation carried out
    10/02 - valuation confirmed at purchase price and full mortgage offer issued

Broker was instrumental in getting this mortgage, worth every penny.
  • loobiej1
    Options
    Fisa002 wrote: »

Hello
    Received a call yesterday valuation booked in for Tuesday 20/02
    NW requested a copy of Jan payslip as the one i sent was not clear, i have sent them this again today. I have been told from my broker they are running behind by 3 days.

Have you heard anything else yet Fisa002?
  • michbright
    Options
    So... quick update.

Today we were told mortgage has been agreed subject to valuation. Updated timeline below :j:j:j
    michbright wrote: »
    Tentatively posting...

Timeline is a long one...

10/17 Saw house we like, put offer in, accepted.
    10/17 Spoke to mortgage advisor and told to wait 6 months until DH has been in current employment 6 months (started in 07/17)
    10/17 Everyone in chain agreed to wait :j
    11/17 Pay off credit cards in preparation of mortgage application
    05/01/18 Apply for DIP
    08/01/18 Mortgage advisor goes on paternity leave so everything on hold again :rotfl:
    22/01/18 DIP approved
    26/01/18 Full application put in
    29/01/18 Mortgage co asks or more info
    14/02/19 Mortgage agreed subject to valuation :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills