MSE News: BT to hike broadband and call prices and charge TV customers for BT Sport

1252627282931»

Comments

• mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Oh someone did call up eventually and apologised straight off and said yes I should get the line rental back. He has now added £150 credit to my account which will hopefully be paid to me some time.

That said if I had not known I was allowed the refund and had not persisted past the two people who denied it I would never have got it. Which does not strike me as an entirely honest process. How many people have missed out because they did not know to push?
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Update on my cancellation:

Was charged on final bill for ending contract early and equipment. Took me 1 hour to a Supervisor on live chat to get that credited.

Now account is closed and final credit in my bank, router sold on eBay for £40. Job done.

Just the deadlock for my £50 activation fee to sort. I sent them a final email before action 10 days ago without a response, going to escalate to the regulator tomorrow.

Been an interesting and very profitable journey, made a good few hundred pounds with cashback, reward card and amazon vouchers, router etc.

If they hadn't stiffed me with price rises ....
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I signed up to BT Unlimited Infinity 1 on 3rd January 2017 and it went live on Friday 10th February 2017. I paid for 12 months line rental in advance costing £205.08. Broadband was supposed to cost £11 a month for 12 months taken by monthly DD however I received a bill yesterday for £13.65 and there is supposed to be price increases although I didn't receive any notification.

"Refund: Line Rental 2 Apr-3 Apr 17 - £ 1.23
    This is a refund of your Line Rental which you paid in advance up to 3 Apr 2017

Our prices have changed. We've refunded what you paid in advance up to 3 Apr 2017 and recharged you at the new price

Broadband and Calls 2 Apr-3 Apr 17 £ 1.38

Refund: Broadband and Calls - £ 1.68 2 Apr-3 Apr 17
    This is a refund of the price of your Package which you paid in advance up to 3 Apr 2017

Broadband and Calls £ 3.06 2 Apr-3 Apr 17
    This is the cost of your Package which now includes line rental up to 3 Apr 2017 at the new price of £47.49

The following advance charge for your package includes your line and applies from 4 Apr 2017 to 3 May 2017

Broadband and Calls 4 Apr-3 May 17 £ 32.49
    This is made up of:
    Broadband and Calls £ 47.49

This is the cost of your Package at £47.49 a month, charged in advance from 4 Apr 2017 to 3 May 2017. This gives you:
    Calling Plan Unlimited Weekend Calls
    Broadband Unlimited BT Infinity 1
    Line Rental is now included in your package

Yet to discover BT TV? See bt.com/bttv for a great TV service

Credit: Special offer discount - £ 15.00 4 Apr-3 May 17
    You get your Package at a special rate. We show this on your bill by giving you a refund of £15.00 a month
    Your special offer discount lasts for 12 months continues

Credit: Line Rental Saver 4 Apr-3 May 17 - £ 18.99
    Reduced line rental with Line Rental Saver
    Total rental and other charges = £ 13.65"

How much will I be charged on a monthly basis from now on? Is there any way I can get informed of any further price increases?
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    gener8or wrote: »
    Update on my cancellation:

Just the deadlock for my £50 activation fee to sort. I sent them a final email before action 10 days ago without a response, going to escalate to the regulator tomorrow.

Out of curiosity did you ever get anywhere with this?

I see you appear to have returned to BT already?
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    If you've pre-paid then the rise won't affect you would it? So you wouldn't then be able to cancel?

Edit: line rental at least.
    Yes it does. They put a charge on the bill to make up the extra amount. It's one of the reasons I left the thieving scumbags.

Are argued with them about it, but they just said put up with it or leave.
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mnbvcxz wrote: »
    Out of curiosity did you ever get anywhere with this?

I see you appear to have returned to BT already?

Hi sorry for the delay, yes I did return to BT, had no choice as after 2 months with plusnet they put their prices up !!!!!!.

Anyway back with BT and another £200 reward card and £70 TCB. Crazy.

However I haven't let the £50 activation fee refund go away, now created a dispute using the Online Dispute Service. Waiting for a decision from the Ombudsman, takes about 90 days.

Interestingly I challenged plusnet about the activation charge after 2 months, they said non refundable but after I made an official complaint they refunded my £25.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    gener8or wrote: »
    However I haven't let the £50 activation fee refund go away, now created a dispute using the Online Dispute Service. Waiting for a decision from the Ombudsman, takes about 90 days.

I think quite a lot of us would appreciate an update on this in due course.
  • legz890
    legz890 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Does anybody know if the price hikes back in feb were applicable to business customers ? I am in a fight with BT about a bill and i seen the post saying that they were raising their prices, but doesn't mention business.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Business that's going to depend upon your accounts terms and conditions .
    I don't believe that a price hike gives business contracts a get out .
  • legz890
    legz890 Posts: 21 Forumite
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Business that's going to depend upon your accounts terms and conditions .
    I don't believe that a price hike gives business contracts a get out .

They wiped the bill, thank god!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport