AP marker decision

Hi everyone,

As you might be aware from my previous posts, I'm attempting to correct a few things on my credit file since it's almost six years since my DMP started. Whilst looking at my credit report I've discovered something unexpected and I'm not sure what to do.
I entered into a DMP in July 2014 and one of my creditors was Ladder Loans. They never defaulted me and marked my credit file with an AP from Jan to Sep 2014 and then 3 month late payment markers from Oct 2015 to Nov 16 which is when they written off the debt and marked it as partially settled. My question is essentially how bad are the AP markers? As I understand it, they will now be on my file until Nov 22 whereas if I had been defaulted they would fall off Jul 20. Would I be better off complaining and hopefully getting a backdated default? Also, Ladder Loans have ceased trading so who would I complain to?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 January 2020 at 8:47AM
    The last AP will fall off Aug 20. Credit files only report a 6 year period.

The late payments will disappear Oct 22.

You could ask for a default but you would need to try your luck via the CRAs.
  • Suseka97
    Suseka97 Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I imagine that seeing as Ladder Loans has ceased trading, you'll struggle to get any decision about backdating the default. If you're concerned about your credit history you could raise a query via the CRAs, but I wouldn't hold out much luck with that.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    AP markers stay on file for 6 years AFTER the debt was settled so original poster is right that it will show on file until Nov 22.

The following info is from Aug 2019 but suspect it is worth a try to speak to one of the team dealing with ladder loans clients. It would be preferable for you if you can get them to agree to change markers to default for around the same time your other accounts went into default

"You can contact The Money Shop, Payday UK, Payday Express and Ladder Loans Customer Engagement Team on 0330 024 1642 or via email at CET@dfconline.com or by letter at the following address: Dollar UK, PO Box 606, Hounslow, TW3 9RR."
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Hi everyone,

Quick update - I emailed a complaint to the Moneyshop and they agreed to apply a default with a date of July 2014. Thanks for the advice everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure