Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Comments

• FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    regis598 wrote: »
    Experian insisted that was the only way I could do it. The reason being that it was done through Credit Club and all he kept asking was do I want their web address.

This is the response I got when doing it through Experian.

Thank you for contacting us about your Experian Credit Report provided through MoneySavingExpert's Credit Club. This is an auto-response designed to help you access the right information for us to help you.

If you have a new query on your Experian Credit Report you will need to raise this through the 'Need some help' section when accessing your report.

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub/login

That's right. You either need to go through MSE Credit Club or contact the creditor directly.
    What if something’s wrong on my Experian Credit Report?

If you do find anything that you think is wrong on your report, you can use the ‘Need some help’ support when you view your Experian Credit Report in Credit Club, and Experian will be able to help you dispute the information. Experian will then have 28 days to respond to you with its findings.

Alternatively, you can contact the lender directly to dispute the information it has provided to Experian.

If you do get something corrected with the lender directly, it’s worth checking that the change is also carried across to your Equifax and Callcredit credit reports, if relevant (not all lenders report to all three agencies). Any corrections made the lender directly can take 4-6 weeks to impact your report(s).
    Source: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub/faq
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well it would appear the saga is not yet over...

Despite having an email from EE clearly stating my balance is £0 and having been given an extra £10 to cover postage costs of my complaint, I had a call from EE's credit chasing company asking me about my "debt" on Monday at about 5pm. I explained and forwarded the email asking them to confirm receipt (which hasn't happened). I wonder when all of this will be over?
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • regis598
    regis598 Posts: 56 Forumite
    As I said in my previous post EE were not interested in what had been sent to Experian. As far as they were concerned my account with them was closed but this was contradicted by what they had told Experian.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Blimey! Just decided to call the credit agency to make sure they had received my email and they said the issue was closed! I asked them to confirm in writing and got the following (some I have redacted).

Good morning Mrs *****,

Following our conversation today I can confirm that your outstanding account with our client Extra Energy Supply Limited has been closed as of 29/03/2018 and no further contact from ourselves shall be made to you regarding this account.

Finally!
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • FullForce
    FullForce Posts: 177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    As I said in my previous post EE were not interested in what had been sent to Experian. As far as they were concerned my account with them was closed but this was contradicted by what they had told Experian.

http://www.extraenergy.com/home/faq/complaints
  • regis598
    regis598 Posts: 56 Forumite
    FullForce wrote: »

The complaint was lodged yesterday and today I received a phone call and email from EE explaining that they are new to using credit referency agencies and will get the report corrected as soon as they can. They have also confirmed, in the email, that the account is clear and closed.

Things have certainly speeded up since I last contacted them. Perhaps they are getting there slowly.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Even though I left this company about 3 years ago they now appear on my credit file with 4 nice green ticks which indicates account up to date. However the account should be closed.
  • MABLE

It would appear that EE will haunt me for eternity.

Exactly how I feel.
  • MABLE
    MABLE wrote: »
    Even though I left this company about 3 years ago they now appear on my credit file with 4 nice green ticks which indicates account up to date. However the account should be closed.

UPDATE

Well I contacted the credit reference agency and they in turn contacted EE who have now completely deleted entry from my credit file.
  • Farmerbob
    Farmerbob Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MABLE wrote: »
    UPDATE

Well I contacted the credit reference agency and they in turn contacted EE who have now completely deleted entry from my credit file.

Same here got it done this week via the credit agency rather than go though the torture of calling EE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure