Kufflink P2P lending chat thread

Comments

• bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Well that explains why I've had three people ask me for my assetz referral code when I haven't offered to split anything lol

Beermoney's Assetz thread went again as did my new Kuflink thread.

But it can't be anything to do with splitting referrals.

No one has said why, the threads just vanish.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As a side note, the referral amount is going down from £100 to £50 from 1st Oct.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • bxboards
    karlie88 wrote: »
    As a side note, the referral amount is going down from £100 to £50 from 1st Oct.

I'd not heard that but no surprised. I'm honestly surprised they've been running it for so long.

I can't understand the economics of paying £100 to the referrer and £100 to the referee for a £500 investment, I can only assume the budget came from reducing their co-investment from 20% to 5%.

For example until recently Assetz Capital have never offered referrals and they've raised 12 million in just over a week with the 1% / 2% rate boost as I type so I'm not sure a referral scheme is viable long term. If your offering is good enough, you'll find customers I think.
  • bxboards wrote: »
    Beermoney's Assetz thread went again as did my new Kuflink thread.

But it can't be anything to do with splitting referrals.

No one has said why, the threads just vanish.

Yes, very odd, I removed all references to splitting referrals. No explanation, just removed the post
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Can anyone confirm the referer and referee bonus has gone down to £50 each. I've found links from people suggesting it's still £100 for the referee but when I click through there's no amount mentioned.
  • busybee100 wrote: »
    Hi Can anyone confirm the referer and referee bonus has gone down to £50 each. I've found links from people suggesting it's still £100 for the referee but when I click through there's no amount mentioned.
    That is correct! The first bonus offered was very attractive, it's a shame they have reduced it.

I have heard they have implemented a new facial recognition ID system now which could potentially put a lot of people off. I wouldn't have bothered if it was in place when I registered with them.
  • bxboards

I have heard they have implemented a new facial recognition ID system now which could potentially put a lot of people off. I wouldn't have bothered if it was in place when I registered with them.

I hope they don't try to do that retrospectively, I've got a fair bit to repay with them this year, and have no intention in engaging in anything like that. I will need to rehome my money.

Like you, I would not have bothered if it was in place back then.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,264 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bxboards wrote: »
    I hope they don't try to do that retrospectively, I've got a fair bit to repay with them this year, and have no intention in engaging in anything like that. I will need to rehome my money.

Like you, I would not have bothered if it was in place back then.
    No doubt if they decide it is necessary of older accounts it will be a prerequisite of withdrawing funds. Otherwise it would be clear that it isn't really necessary. Let's hope our existing electronic verification is deemed sufficient.
  • What's the general feeling about Kuflink from existing investors? Would you do it again? Have you received the interest you were expecting? How does it compare to other P2P providers that you've been involved with?

I am/was about to invest with them, but the later part of this thread is making me nervous. The dropping of cashback to £50 still represents a 10% gain on £500, but I'm wondering whether it is really worth it.
  • Trentenders
    Trentenders Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    They contacted me to offer the same £100 + £100 referral scheme. I'm guessing that I won't be the only one they contacted to extend the original offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure