Any scope for haggling when upgrading?

Options
Hi all,

We have been SKY customers for over 30 years and, to my eternal shame, have never once haggled over price so I'm looking for some tips!

We currently have a SKY HD+ box and pay for the Variety, Movies, and HD packages for a monthly total of £64.50. The box is old and, I think, on its last legs - recordings frequently fail and when they do appear to have taken place playback produces nothing but silence and a blue screen, and it regularly freezes such that we have to unplug it (and wait 10 minutes for it to 'initialise' again).

I'd like to get the SKY Q 2TB box and, having recently bought a new TV, be able to watch some UHD content. Via Live Chat I established that, as a VIP of some status or other (= 30 year mug!), I can get the box without the normal installation fee but would have to pay an additional £12/month for multi-room even though we only ever watch SKY in one room. When I balked at this the Live Chat bod said he couldn't offer any deals but he was sure that if I called there would be deals available.

So, what's the best approach here and what could I expect in terms of fees?

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Do you watch the channels? If not look into a free view box/ now TVs box with Sky movies passes. There's always discounts on the latter. I got a mcds code and now went to cancel and now get movies for £3.99 a month
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This starts at page 78 of 83 https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5480644&page=78#topofpage

When you get to page 83 you will have a better idea on what you should do:D
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check out the offers, some of which may not be on the main pages.
    Last time I upgraded I spoke to several people who misinformed me as to what was available, so I had to call several times to get the right deal.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Locking this thread as link been posted to long running existing thread
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing