Clearscore acquired by Experian?

Hi, I'm a bit confused, I though clearscore.com was showing Equifax data, but they've been acquired by Experian in March 2018, so how will that work? Given that Equifax and Experian are competitors? Will Clearscore now display Experian data?

Comments

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 May 2018 at 11:34AM
    Luana wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a bit confused, I though clearscore.com was showing Equifax data, but they've been acquired by Experian in March 2018, so how will that work? Given that Equifax and Experian are competitors? Will Clearscore now display Experian data?
    I do not believe that anyone knows as yet. That is apart from Clearscore, Experian and Equifax, possibly.

There is already a thread on this so you can see what others have said already.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5810904
  • I would imagine they will honour whatever agreement Clearscore currently have with Equifax. Once that has run its course, the switch will happen.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    E-mail today. The deal is no more so carry on as before.

Almost a year ago, we announced that Experian intended to acquire ClearScore (subject to regulatory approval). Today, we want to let you know that this acquisition will no longer be going ahead.

While I’m disappointed that we won’t get to combine with a major UK corporation to create a global winner, we’re excited to return to Plan A, and for the opportunity to restate our commitments to you, our users:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure