PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DH's birthday tomorrow so I need to go shopping for celebration tea. We would rather eat in than go out as one of us ends up not being able to have a drink. I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he gave me two boring ideas. I've searched high and low for a suitable rocking chair - how boring. The other one he has to order as I don't know the spec.
    However unbeknown to him I've pushed the boat out and organised a day out in July to Hickstead, its a total package, after all you are only 70 once.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,864 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,

Budgets updated to here :)

Welcome to all the newbies and returners :D

Good luck all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone, my first spend of the month is an Asda delivery which comes to £63. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend but the girls are home all day for the Easter holidays so they will be eating more food than normal. I have ordered bread flour and yeast to try and keep up with the insatiable need for toast :D so I will be dusting off my breadmaker and teaching my daughters how to use it.
  • Skintmama
    Skintmama Posts: 471 Forumite
    First shopping of the month today and spent £45.21. This was more than I had hoped but actually doesn't use anything much from the freezer. I hope I can do better next week by making better use of that and I think what I have bought today will see us well into next week anyway.
  • mucky_moo
    mucky_moo Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all
    A NSD for me. found two banana weetabix that needed to be eaten so had that for breakfast. lunch was couscous made with a stock cube. looked boring but had lots of flavour.

i had a look through the recipes on here for tomato pasta sauce. i kept trying to make one but they never tasted right. i have found one and made it. i threw in a few more veges but will definitely be making it again.
    So glad i have this website to find ideas on. it'll do my OH dinner when he gets in and dinner for us both tomorrow while im at college.
    A family member asked to borrow money from us today. she spends money like there's no tomorrow and is in so much debt which has put me in debt by covering er. :mad: makes me wonder why im trying to save money when shes just taking any money we have.
    We have said no this time. shes thrown a tantrum but we have to in order to get out of debt myself.
    Fingers crossed for more no spend days ahead and she'll get the message that our pockets are closed.

xx
    Weight loss - 0/12 GC - July 142.01/£200 Happiness can be found in the darkest of places if only someone turns on the light
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Reporting a NSD here :D
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSD here :) having a use up dinner Caramelised onion, Beetroot, goats cheese and Walnut Tarts with warm potato salad.

Need to do a freezer audit this week before grocery shopping
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Wysiwyg49
    Wysiwyg49 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Very pleased with this week's shop at £65.35 and I took lunch to work today :j
    GC Feb 2019 (to 10th) £397.07/£300
  • I did my first shops of the month this past week.

APRIL 1: neighbourhood open market + Lidl for vegetables, dairy and toilet paper = €48.62.

APRIL 2: Asian market for curry pastes, red pepper chili flakes and coconut milk = €13.74. This was a restocking trip. We ran out of all these items.

APRIL 3: Lebanese wraps, tea and tamari (soy sauce) at a couple shops = €12.21

TOTAL = €63.87 so far out of €250.

I'm a bit !!!!ed though because the strawberries I bought on Saturday were already grossly fuzzy before I could even eat them and I paid €3.50 for them. Anyway, we're packing our lunches as usual this week and I used up a bottle of baby clams this earlier today for my late breakfast. I had to pack my lunch in a hurry to go work onsite at a client's office and threw something together as I was determined not to buy anything out. I tossed an avocado, some fresh mozzarella, thin salami and olive oil into my bag and assembled the salad at the office. That was about €10 saved.

I still need to make a meal plan though for the week otherwise things will start to get a bit hairy.
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi all x

Trip to Morries tonight for milk, bread, bisto and packed lunch food £4.88 and f@rmf00ds for juice and fruit pots £3.
    Will update my signature.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family