DFW diary 2.0

Options
So my second diary. Starting afresh as I'd like to look back st how far we've come.

We've changed our minds and are going to go into a DRO after we have all the evidence needed which should be August. I'm hopeful this is the right decision rather than the IVA.

I'm using YNAB to help us I feel in control for once. I did our budget with step change so I'm using that as my starting point I'm so impatient but I know I have to wait for the right evidence before starting the DRO process!
SPC = 079

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats on your shiny new diary!
  • Pinkwhisk
    Pinkwhisk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So, I'm totally onboard with our budget. However my oh works really long hours and is always asking for money for food. Argh he's so frustrating he says he'll change but he doesn't :-( this seems like a recurring theme on here for many of us!

I feel awful if I don't move him money. I'll see what changes he makes!
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Me again. Have been cleaning this morning. Which is good. I'm looking on Pinterest for a cleaning schedule I can follow - I need to be more organised! I'm going to re do by YNAB budget as its all gone wrong.

I want to try and save money too we just never seem to have any.
    SPC = 079
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There's the "flylady" thread on here.... I know a lot of people use that to keep up to date!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Ooo thank you - I'm off to have a look now!
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Hi,

I'm loving Flylady! Feel so motivated now. I've re started YNAB it got too complicated last time as I ended up moving money but not on YNAB or there was no catagory for it! Hopefully I'll have more luck now I do really love it - I think it will help us get out of debt and stay that way
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Me again.

I'm sick of having nothing the week before payday - I did a weeks shop with £5!! Not very exciting meals but needs must. I'm determined next month will be different! I've done a new YNAB free trail again, and we must stick to it. Luckily oh agrees with me, he's sick of the worry and arguing that money causes us.

We've got the step change budget we need to stick with it. I'm also trying to cut food to £180 - I've joined Old style board August challange - mine starts Friday!

X
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Aaaaarrrggghhhhhhh. Arrrrrrgggghh. Arrrrgggghhhh.

Sorry I'm just fed up. Of money. Arrrrggggghhhh.

It's all gone wrong. I can't wait till September already. I'm finding it hard as I keep doing budgets my oh then totally disregards!

And the DRO with step change isn't happening as it's taking us so long to get the paperwork for our income sorted so I'll have to re do it with national debtlin
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    *national debt line - I found the guy there much nicer than stepchange! My focus is too build up savings but I'm struggling with how to start as we have other things we need to budget for - birthdays, Christmas and the £180 DRO. That's my priority then building up £1000. Does anybody have any tips?

PW x
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    I feel a bit better this morning. I've had a think (always dangerous) and this is what I think we should do:

Re do budget so we BOTH agree to what's there and stick to it. The 2 important factors in that will be fun money for us and baby.

If we get any money back from HB & selling eBay stuff I would like to put £65 in sons account (£5 since he's been born) and carry that on at £5 each month.

I think buying a savings tin will be helpful. We had one at the beginning of the year (cost £5 I didn't know you could get them in £1 shops!) and between new year and end of February we had £20 in it. We opened it so we could afford a day out (naughty!).

I think I'll buy 3 tins. 1 for coppers, 1 for silver, 1 for £1/2 coins. I would like to say we'll save £5 notes but let's start small! Well use £1/2 for Christmas 2017, silver for days out and coppers as £1000 savings.

Christmas 2016! This is the big one to save for. I'm thinking £300 which is £100 a month. I'm not sure but we HAVE to put some money away for it now or we will be in the s**t.

Also birthdays! We need to start saving for birthdays etc as well. Stressful thinking about it but easier to do now rather than the month of the birthday!

PW x
    SPC = 079
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family