Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mummy72 wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking a little bit of advice, been with virgin over 10 years and always got a decent deal after giving notice, contract now up and monthly package now £77, so called and gave my 30 days notice. Have had lots of calls from retentions but they have always been when I have been out so haven't been able to answer them. Due to have services switched off tomorrow and so today the only day I'm home have had no calls, does this mean they have given up? Called virgin to say I had missed calls from them but they said unfortunately they cannot get me to connected to them it would be a case of them just calling me back. Has anyone had the same experience and should I just let them switch off and then hopefully get a new deal? Or do they call last minute?
    TIA

Cancel the termination without taking a new contract - still remain on the existing contract. Then in 5 days give 30 days notice. Inform them your mobile number as well when you give your notice.
  • mummy72
    mummy72 Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hunsbury0 wrote: »
    Cancel the termination without taking a new contract - still remain on the existing contract. Then in 5 days give 30 days notice. Inform them your mobile number as well when you give your notice.

Hi
    Are they likely to call me again with a new deal if I do this?
    Thanks
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    mummy72 wrote: »
    Hi
    Are they likely to call me again with a new deal if I do this?
    Thanks

I would think so yes.Make sure they have your mobile no.
  • hunsbury0
    hunsbury0 Posts: 275 Forumite
    den169 wrote: »
    I would think so yes.Make sure they have your mobile no.
    They had tried my landline but as I was not at home, they called me on my mobile to offer me the deal.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just gave my 30 days notice.

Have been with them over 10 years and currently paying £88. We have 200mb broadband but 100mb would do. We have Talk Unlimited but could just use mobiles for free calls. Don't know what TV package we're on but it seems to be everything except the sports/movies and only a fraction of it ever gets watched.

So I asked if I could have the new customer Mix Bundle deal at £39 a month and the new V6 TV box. Best they offered was £49 pounds without the new TV box, so I said I'd cancel.

Just waiting on retentions now!
  • buttonmoon
    buttonmoon Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just rang up to cancel my tv/broadband/phone today. I have been paying £106 for talk weekend, can't remember which broadband, all the TVs channels and sky sports. No offers made. Then only offer to reduce my package to £49 for free view channels plus talk weekend plus broadband or £54 for talk weekend, broadband, plus smallest tv package. I will sit and wait for the phone calls.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just had a phone call from the loyalty team. I've accepted a deal at £36pm for 18 months for the Mix Bundle with the new V6 Tivo box. That's £3pm cheaper than the new customer deal. I'm happy enough with that as it will be saving us £50pm for the next 18 months.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Shall be looking around later for bargaining power and cancelling, but this time make sure they have my mobile number as last time no call.

£33 for Telephone weekends and 70Mb BB.

Last time I tried they said I was downloading a lot over a month as I game online and stream TV/films - don't have freeview etc. No other provider would allow this and gamers know this and stay with VM.
  • Virgin trying to over charge me as I left them the start contract was 12 months now gone up to 18 can they do this
  • Virgin media trying to over charge me as I left them the contract was 12 months now they are saying it's 18 months can they do this
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback