Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Comments

• geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just in case others get the same inbox message..
    Hello,i know this is an odd request but can you send a picture of a sun perks and telegraph tickets.
    Liam Russell

No. You only want them so you can forge tickets. Jog on
  • Alanb
    Alanb Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Is 'Ronaldo' on the 3rd of November - venues TBC, available Friday

Filmed over 14 months, with unprecedented access into the inner circle of the man and the sport, this is the first official and fully authorised film of one of the most celebrated figures in football

For the first time ever, the world gets vividly candid and un-paralleled, behind-closed-doors access to the footballer, father, family-man and friend in this moving & fascinating documentary.

Through in-depth conversations, state of the art football footage and never before seen archival footage, the film gives an astonishing insight into the sporting and personal life of triple Ballon D'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo at the peak of his career.

From the makers of ‘Senna’ and ‘Amy’, Ronaldo takes audiences on an intimate and revealing journey of what it’s like to live as an iconic athlete in the eye of the storm.

Also available on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD from November 9, 2015.

So it looks like the cinema showing of the DVD due to be released the following week!
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 October 2015 at 12:30PM
    COMING SOON!

For TELEGRAPH subscribers

THE LADY IN THE VAN

1445427203_Screen%20Shot%202015-10-21%20at%2012.29.19.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3722070

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 12A

Monday 9th November

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Brighton
    Guildford
    Manchester Printworks
    Tunbridge Wells
    Wimbledon

Downton Abbey’s” Dame Maggie Smith, a two-time Oscar® winner, recreates one of her most celebrated roles – the singular Miss Shepherd – in TriStar’s The Lady in the Van, Alan Bennett’s big-screen comedic adaptation of his own iconic memoir and honored stage play. Bennett’s story is based on the true story of Miss Shepherd, a woman of uncertain origins who “temporarily” parked her van in Bennett’s London driveway and proceeded to live there for 15 years. What begins as a begrudged favor becomes a relationship that will change both their lives. Filmed on the street and in the house where Bennett and Miss Shepherd lived all those years, acclaimed director Nicholas Hytner reunites with Bennett (The Madness of King George, The History Boys) to bring this touching, poignant, and life-affirming story to the screen.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • quoia
    edited 22 October 2015 at 8:56PM
    COMING SOON

From SMS - STUDENT MONEY SAVER

SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

1444216103_ScreenShot2015-10-07at12.06.42.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1727776

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 15

Monday 2nd November

LOCATIONS

Bluewater
    Bristol Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Coventry
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Dudley
    Glasgow
    Leeds
    Leicester
    Liverpool
    Manchester
    Newham
    Nottingham
    Teesside
    Walsall

Three scouts and lifelong friends join forces with one badass cocktail waitress to become the world’s most unlikely team of heroes. When their peaceful town is ravaged by a zombie invasion, they’ll fight for the badge of a lifetime and put their scouting skills to the test to save mankind from the undead.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • quoia
    SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

Saw it yesterday.

GOONIES meet the WALKING DEAD

A few humourous moments but not enough of them to overcome the generally bland script, bland acting and rather boring scenes.

Would have been very disappointed if I'd paid for the "privilege" of seeing this :eek:

Unless you got something less interesting to do than watching paint dry I suggest giving it a miss.

3/10

• It was rather fitting to see that the London Premier got highjacked by female activists whose protests included laying across the red carpet…the struggle goes on, ladies!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/suffragette-red-carpet-invaded-gender-6592100

According to Sister's Uncut the protest is a celebration of "women's struggles" and the "ongoing struggle for women's lives."
    They wrote on the Facebook event page: "The film "Suffragette" will premier in London on the 7th October. The film depicts a struggle for women's rights that took place nearly 100 years ago, but we know that the struggle isn't over.
    "When 2 women a week are murdered by violent men and services to support them are being destroyed by government cuts, women - especially black, trans and disabled women - are struggling to stay alive.
    "Join Sisters Uncut at the premier to celebrate the history of women's struggles and our ongoing struggle for women's lives - because dead women can't vote."

A problem I see with modern day feminists is that they claim to be about gender equality. The first thing is that for such an important issue - equality, one would think they'd be very careful to differentiate between equality of outcome and equality of opportunity or want to get their message across very clearly. These two forms of equality aren't necessarily but are more often opposed. If they are about equality between the sexes, how come then do they (such as this group) only mention women dieing at the hands of violent men when it is mostly men who die by other men? Yet again gynocentric feminists don't consider men.

And about services, there are almost no mens shelters in the UK despite domestic violence is 40/60, yet we virtually always hear of only women as being victims. I don't see any feminist groups campaigning for mens shelters, not one, and I have on the other hand heard of feminist groups refusing to work with mens rights groups trying to set these up because it doesn't align with or contradicts 'patriarchy theory'.

Patriarchy theory for the record, also deeply effects the laws across the UK, Canada and the US concerning parental rights.

I think there's also an irony and a contradiction in how feminists/many women claim to hate the patriarchy yet will use the law, the courts, the police and other parts of the justice system and the state - primarily made up of men, to extract resources from other men by the use of force to benefit themselves for their lifestyle choices. Men pay most taxes. Women receive most benefits.

I really don't see feminism as a modern equal rites movement or anything to do with fairness. It's more of a womens power movement, and a man hating movement, whether directly or through the 'patriarchy' proxy.

It's also bigoted in other respects, it's obviously racist. 'Intersectionality' and 'white male privilage' , the pursuit of race as well as gender quotas - thereby discriminating against e.g. white males equality of opportunity in the labour market. It goes without saying of course that it cannot then logically be a movement for the equality of opportunity between the sexes and races. Necessarily if we are to have equality of opportunity, it must be exercised at an individual level.

As for equality of outcome, I think they used to call that communism or Marxism. I don't think things will change anytime soon when people like Hillary Clinton state 'Women have always been the primary victims of war!' What an incredibly ignorant, disgusting thing to say.

MGTOW.
  • Digi
    Digi Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    This post needs amending to 'Invited Guests Only Code'

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69382431&postcount=8
  • The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Suffragette:

Very engaging film about the stuggle for gender equality in the early c20th, with Carey Mulligan in an ‘everywoman’ role as the working class woman caught up in the struggle, and conveniently meeting all the main protagonists and witnessing all the most dramatic events. It was rather fitting to see that the London Premier got highjacked by female activists whose protests included laying across the red carpet…the struggle goes on, ladies!

I wanted to like this film more than I did! It just wasn't quite as good as I was expecting, although the dramatic lead performances were excellent. I got the impression that quite a lot got left on the cutting room floor (including some of the scenes included in the trailers?) And what happened to Meryl Streep’s part? She was literally reduced to a walk-on – which seems an enormous waste of talent. If you are bothering to cast someone of Mrs Streep’s stature, at least give her a part worth having! I’m sure she would have ‘made’ the film – given a chance.

I agree
    I did enjoy the film, but felt it could have been so much MORE.....
    But maybe someone will come along and make a 3 hour Oscar winner which will tell the story in the same way '12 years a slave' told a story.

Re Meryl Streep..... It would be interesting to know if many of her scenes were cut, or whether what we saw was ALL she signed up for.
  • MadVicky
    MadVicky Posts: 49 Forumite
    Digi wrote: »
    This post needs amending to 'Invited Guests Only Code'

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69382431&postcount=8

SFF are running a comp to get free tickets to this movie that ends tomorrow at 12pm. In the past tickets are sometimes only made generally available after the comp closes, so it's prob worth trying the link again tomorrow afternoon, or enter the comp in the meantime :beer:
    Currently renovating our first home, so every penny counts! :j
  • quoia
    edited 23 October 2015 at 11:18AM
    COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

RONALDO

1445429319_ScreenShot2015-10-21at13.08.04.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5065822

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Possibly subject to change)

Certificate - PG

Thursday 5th November

ODEONS

Basingstoke
    Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Cardiff
    Hull
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Lee Valley
    London - Greenwich
    Manchester Printworks
    Mansfield Leisure Park
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Sheffield
    Southampton
    Stoke-on-Trent

18:30 for 19:00

SHOWCASES

Bluewater
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Glasgow
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    Teesside

http://perks.thesun.co.uk/public-perks/sun-screening-ronaldo

Filmed over 14 months with unprecedented access into the inner circle of the man and the sport, this is the first official and fully authorised film of one of the most celebrated figures in football.

For the first time ever, the world gets vividly candid and un-paralleled, behind-closed-doors access to the footballer, father, family-man and friend in this moving & fascinating documentary. Through in-depth conversations, state of the art football footage and never before seen archival footage, the film gives an astonishing insight into the sporting and personal life of triple Ballon D'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo at the peak of his career.

From the makers of ‘Senna’ and ‘Amy’, Ronaldo takes audiences on an intimate and revealing journey of what it’s like to live as an iconic athlete in the eye of the storm.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport