Three Mobile

joeypesci
joeypesci Posts: 670
First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
Three sent me a text message saying they are changing their out of allowance prices or I should say increasing them. They claim that "Paying more for additional services isn't a reason to cancel". They go on to state but if you don't wish to pay for them you can cancel but there would be a cancellation fee.

Surely that is wrong. If they are upping the prices of what you were told when you sign your contract, surely they have broken that contract so you're free to cancel with no charge. Is that correct? If so I can see Three making money there from people deciding to cancel and not realising they aren't required to pay the cancellation fee.

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No automatic right to cancel with out of bundle price rises.

How much worse off are you going to be every month? Work that out and give them a call.

More info in the article here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2018/04/three-to-increase-out-of-bundle-costs-
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Your contract does not stipulate prices, so there is no breach should they revise a tariff or ancillary services. It is the tariff (which is separate from the contract) that can change. OFCOM removed some uncertainty by capping any increase by the RPI which still permitted an increase but prevented the supplier arbitrarily making a mockery of the tariff you originally agreed to. In certain circumstances you previously could drop to a lower tariff so that your payments stayed broadly similar but not much use if you were already on the lowest.

As already pointed out - increases in non-bundled services are not relevant.
  • joeypesci
    joeypesci Posts: 670
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ah I see. Thanks.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you do not exceed your inclusive allowance of calls and texts to numbers starting 01, 02, 03, 071-075 and 077-079 and you do not call numbers starting 084, 087 or 09 then this price increase will have no impact on you.

If you are exceeding your allowance, it is time to change to a larger call plan. And, given the usage of numbers starting 084, 087 or 09 is banned for most purposes, there should be almost no need to call these numbers.
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,335
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you are at the end of your plan it is worth visiting one of their stores. Every time I do that I get a better deal at a cheaper price. There are deals only available to existing customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure