Halifax lead times and credit checks

Hi everyone

My partner and I are buying our first house togther and have gone through the process of buying the house with our selected Mortage provide “Halifax” . At present we have signed contract and handed then to the solicitors and I have just checked my credit rating and it’s gone down 6 points for an hard search made yesterday by Halifax .

I was just wonder if anyone roughly knew how long from now it would be until we get the keys as we want to book time of work,the seller asked to complete on this Monday coming but personally I think we might struggle.

Also I’m abit of an worrier and once the Halifax have done an search what’s the chances of the Mortage getting declined ? We haven’t changed anything from when we had the Mortage approved at the start of the process but just wondering

Thanks in advance :j

Comments

• Markyjoe
    Markyjoe Posts: 10 Forumite
    Sorry my score dropped by 18 points not 6
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Ignore it.

It's irrelevant.

You should have a mortgage offer with a couple of weeks of applying.

Completing? Too much water to go under the bridge on the legal side for anyone to accurately speculate.

Anything from a few weeks to a few months...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure