IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Received at University

Hello,

The registered keeper received the following PCN on the 13.10.2017. Unfortunately the advice to ignore the letter was followed and since then have received a letter from ZZPS.

The parking company was One Parking Solutions claiming the registered keeper of the vehicle parked without authorisation. Since then a letter from ZZPS Limited has said that the unpaid PCN has been passed onto them to resolve; adding an administration fee of 72 quid.

What would you recommend I do? I feel I have grounds to appeal the ticket having found out that I had not received changes in parking rules via email.

Thank you for all the help.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2017 at 6:26PM
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

Your recommended course of action is fully described in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

In particular, post #4 of that thread describes in great detail how to deal with debt collector's letters.

In summary, that post says "ignore debt collector's letters".

Wait patiently for the next six years and hope you don't receive a Letter Before Claim or court papers.
    Do not ignore them.
  • Hello KeithP,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I noticed that advice was given in 2014, and my friend told me of a recent change in law that makes that advice not as sound?

Would you recommend sending a strong email to the university parking team asking them to waive the fine? Or is it not worth my time? Obviously I have yet to have any correspondence with either One Parking Solutions or ZZPS.

Phil2305
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 November 2017 at 7:05PM
    the advice in that NEWBIES sticky thread is bang up to date, plus despite the recent BEAVIS case, the advice on IGNORING debt collectors has not changed for over a decade

read the last entry in post #4
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 21-09-2017 at 9:49 PM.
    its IGNORE , pure and simple

a landowner cancellation is always preferable , so always try a complaint to the landowner and get them to cancel OR be on your side

ps:- there is NO recent change in the law , ask your friend to clarify that statement

the last 2 laws that may have altered things are as follows , with the year

POFA2012 , october 2012

CRA2015 , october 2015
  • Thanks Redx,

Im expecting the old Wright Hassle letters to come through the door then in the coming weeks. Lucky me. I have spoken to the university parking team and they have pushed me aside telling me to speak to the parking company.

The fact that we do not have to even pay for a permit, but the permit rules changed should mean the argument for loss of earnings is pretty weak if it does come down to it.

Thank you for your help though. If I receive another letter (which I expect to) I will post it up.

Ta
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Phil2305 wrote: »
    If I receive another letter (which I expect to) I will post it up.

There really is no need to post a debt collector's letter here.

Thanks. :D
  • Sorry KeithP,

I guess I am not used to all of this, however, you must get this all the time.

Thanks for all your help.

P
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 November 2017 at 7:27PM
    we have NO INTEREST whatsoever in debt collector letters, they are powerless and boring

its an LBC or an MCOL you should be posting about , which may arrive in the post within 6 years

the notion of not a genuine pre-estimate of loss went out with the Supreme Court ruling against Beavis 2 years ago

it is likely that this event was what your friend was talking about
  • Ahh that could be that.

Thank you both of you for putting me at ease! Safe to ignore ALL correspondence now until I get an LBC or MCOL? Hopefully it doesn't get to that point!
  • Hello.

Wondering if you could point me in the direction of a complaint template. I would like to send one to the university to get them to cancel the PCN.

Phil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport