PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• hermione08
    Options
    Hi Markos72, were you told in your letter from Clydesdale it would be transferred to your account as I've been told mines will be a cheque and I'm still waiting , nearly at the 28 days, thanks
  • Melb38
    Options
    Great news Markos72 ! Nice to get it in time for Christmas ��
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After almost 12 years - I received an offer from Nationwide to look again at my (already rejected about 9 years ago !!) claim for PPI compensation - the letter came totally out of the blue - They claim to have all of the necessary information already - all I had to do was sign a form and return it to them and wait for a cheque.
    I wish everything was that simple
    No idea how much I am owed though !
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    After almost 12 years - I received an offer from Nationwide to look again at my (already rejected about 9 years ago !!) claim for PPI compensation
    Understand that they are not "looking again" at your rejected complaint, they are going to refund any undisclosed commission over 50%. You need to understand that your original complaint remains a failure.

However, at least you'll get something..
  • MARKOS72
    MARKOS72 Posts: 248 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    hermione08 wrote: »
    Hi Markos72, were you told in your letter from Clydesdale it would be transferred to your account as I've been told mines will be a cheque and I'm still waiting , nearly at the 28 days, thanks

Yes,I'm still a CB customer so was told it would be transferred straight into my account.
    Hope your cheque comes soon
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • MARKOS72
    MARKOS72 Posts: 248 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Melb38 wrote: »
    Great news Markos72 ! Nice to get it in time for Christmas ��

Big plans for it-few bills to clear outright,put away a good amount for some home improvements and holiday abroad for me and the family,and a nice Christmas too
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Guliel
    Options
    I claimed PPI from Barclays Bank 5.15pm on 16 Nov 2017. I used Resolver in association with MSE to check on a Personal loan I took out way back in 2002.

Yesterday, 23 Nov 2017, I was checking my bank balance and noticed my bank balance was higher than I expected. After checking the transactions, I realised that Barclays had deposited a PPI & Interest refund into my account!!

They had refunded me £2641.30 on the 22 Nov 2017

In just 6 days I had become £2641.30 richer!!!!! And I had No paperwork, I had finished repaying the loan in 2006.

The information I gave to Resolver/MSE was the following.

In the spring of 2002 I applied for a personal loan with Barclays to buy a new car.
    The cost of the car (a basic Vauxhall Corsa) from a Vauxhall dealer was approximately £5695.
    I met with the Loans Advisor at my local Barclays Bank to discuss getting a personal loan. I explained that my present car was getting older and was requiring more work to keep it running, it had recently cost me approx £400 to get a problem fixed. Those costs, together with regular running costs and with yearly Mot's etc made me think that a new car, with better fuel consumption, no repair bills and no MOT's for 3 years would be a good idea.

I'm sure that I initially wanted to pay the loan off in 2 & half years or 3 years, but was advised by Advisor that it would be better for me budgetwise to have a 4 year loan so that my financial budget would not be tight.

This was because I was not a home owner and was a single parent only working part-time (getting Working Tax Credit & Child Tax Credit) & getting Child Benefit & child support, (that was paid voluntarily).
    I was also told that the total monthly payment including the insurance (it was never referred to as PPI) would be £180 (and a few pence). It was implied that the insurance was included in the loan because I was a single parent, working part-time with voluntary child support payments to me.

It was implied that if I became sick & could not work, or voluntary child support payments were not made, I wouldn't be able to afford the monthly loan payment without the payments being £180 per month and the so loan application would not be accepted by Barclays.
    I agreed to have a 4 year loan.

Cost of car = £5695
    Total repayments = 48 months at £180 = £8640
    So interest on the loan plus the "insurance" was £8640 minus £5695 = £2945 (approx).

So I was more than DELIGHTED when I received £2641.30.

There was no offer made, and the £2641.30 was paid directly ito my Bank Account!!

I would seriously urge everyone to use Resolver/MSE to check if they have a PPI claim.
    I didn't hold my breath and I didn't expect to receive anything because it was such a long time ago. Over 15yrs since I took out the loan and over 11yrs since the loan was paid off.

It took only 6 days for Barclays to look at my claim and pay me back!!

Just do it people, make a claim.......you have nothing to lose & you just might get a surprise when you next check your bank balance!!

HUGE thanks to MSE & Resolver, the process was so simple and easy!!
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thank you so much MSE!

I had defaulted on an old Lloyds TSB credit card I took out in 2004 in 2011 and knew I had PPI, but never thought I could apply.

I did though using the tool on this site a month or two ago. Quick phone call from Lloyds two weeks ago and hey presto £6200 just appeared in my bank account.

Unbelievable result! Thank you!
  • Unicorn77_2
    Options
    Hello everyone, I stumbled accross Resolver 2 weeks ago and thought I had nothing to loose...
    so filled in a few details i could remember and within 8 days had a cheque from Capital One for £911 :T very happy.
    Also had refund plus interest from Halifax for Packaged Bank Account, Recieved payment direct into my bank yesterday for £1987. just stunned how easy it was.

So 2 down and about 8 to go......... will be spreading the word.
  • Jalaba64
    Options
    I've been battling a PPI claim for my Nationwide Credit Card for 2 years. Its been with the Ombudsman now for over a year and they've responded now that the 'Business' has asked for the 6 and 3 year rule to be considered which means my claim has been rejected as i should of raised the issue within 6 years of having PPI or within 3 years of knowing I had it. I had the credit card in 2003 and ticked that i didn't want PPI but was told i had to have it when i activated my card. Has anyone else experienced this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback