My Coupons from Sainsbury's closing 4th May 2017

Just seen My Coupons from Sainsbury's closing 4th May 2017. :mad:

Comments

• madderrose
    madderrose Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just came on to see if there was a thread about this. I've not had an email from them but noticed the announcement on the site. Bit of a shame - I've done really well out of it and definitely spent at Sainsburys more as a result. I had no idea it was a "trial".
  • CAZBEAR
    CAZBEAR Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    :angry::angry:Been going a long time for a "trial".....just an excuse for cancelling something that is eating into shareholders profits imho !!:angry::angry:
    Best headline ever on local paper??
    "Weight loss group doubles in size"
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Its possibly the beginning of moving to SmartOffers which is currently being trialled in some Sussex stores.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just got an email that the "trial" of My Coupons is ending on the 6th May and existing offers can be redeemed until then. They are giving 500 bonus points as a thank you for using it.

Its disappointing, but I don't think enough was done to promote it, if there was an app (similar to Waitrose PYO) I would have checked much more often and the extra points encouraged me to try different things. I only ever read about the service on here though.
  • Real shame - was very useful for point collecting.
    No new offers in my account for a couple of days
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh, dear, that sometimes made the trip worthwhile. Though not as it used to be. I remember when I had conditional spend vouchers for £6.00 off for a £40.00 spend, then mycoupon would give 1200 points for a £40.00 spend!!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • saver_sam
    saver_sam Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Pity - i found this really good for those extra points.

How does SmartOffers work & how does one sign up?
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 April 2017 at 1:11PM
    madderrose wrote: »
    Just came on to see if there was a thread about this. I've not had an email from them but noticed the announcement on the site. Bit of a shame - I've done really well out of it and definitely spent at Sainsburys more as a result. I had no idea it was a "trial".
    "Trial" was news to me too. If you shop at stores regularly, you get coupons at the checkout, but if you don't you miss out. This was a way to get those offers by shopping online as we do more of now due to mobility situation. Sainsbury's has made Nectar less attractive in recent times, first by halving the number of points per pound. And now this.

Edit: Email arrived this morning. As a thank you for using My Coupons they'll be adding 500 Bonus points.
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    I got email as well couldn't get extra points on shopping I did on Wednesday, I got a fair few extra points over past year as well
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    saver_sam wrote: »
    Pity - i found this really good for those extra points.

How does SmartOffers work & how does one sign up?

SmartOffers is an app based service and is being trialled in Brighton and Heathfield (High Street) stores, Chichester, Crawley, East Grinstead, Horsham, Lewes Road, Littlehampton, Lyons Farm, Pulborough, Rustington, West Green, West Hove, Brighton (Carden Avenue Local), Brighton (Preston Road Local), Eastbourne (Victoria Drive Local), Hastings (Station Plaza Local), Haywards Heath, Brighton (North Street Local), and Brighton (Old Steine Local). The trial ends in July.

You download the SmartOffers app to your phone, register your nectar card and as you shop it pushes personalised offers to your phone via Bluetooth. You activate the offers you want and buy as normal. Points are credited within 28 days of the offer expiring.

http://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/stores/smartoffers-terms
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport