Large single Parent Family getting Debt free

Options

Comments

• kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    And I found my purse xx the kids had hidden it- little monkeys!!
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 June 2016 at 11:23AM
    Options
    Good morning Kim.

One day, when all the dust has settled and number 8 is in school, if not before, how about writing a book? I reckon you could have quite a few inside you (number 8 is probably reading one right now ;) )

Just a thought... you sound so upbeat, you're doing great and are an inspiration to many, I think.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just saw your other thread so subscribed to diary. Glad you finding budgeting is working OK for you. Games nights with that many kids must be fun.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kimplus8
    edited 18 June 2016 at 9:29PM
    Options
    Had a lovely day with the kids today and managed to get 3 loads of washing done as it was so sunny and windy! Plus Ive gone all terries on the kids nappies now, the 2 littl'es are in nappies so smallest dd is in them full time and second to smallest dd is in night nappies only as she is in pants in the day.
    this should save me a small fortune plus they look super cute, pre-loved rthey worked out about £40 for everything I need so taking into account the cost of water, eleccy and powder should save me around £50 per month.
    The kids are not sleeping well at the moment as its so light so I'm getting very little sleep and I'm totally shattered.
    All I wanted to do tonight was order in a takeaway, I felt so tired and sick- I was totally spent, so they ended up with chicken nuggets and chips and peas from my freezer, not the finest of nutritious meals but its okay for a sat night treat and I didn't spend!
    Tomorrow I'm meeting my mum with the kids to get my daughters birthday presents and have a nice cuppa (mummys treat- she s so good to me), then we will be preparing for school and this weeks is sports week!!
    I love cheering mine on with a nice picnic and other mums! Its so magical seeing them grow up in to fine little people, they all love sports so should be a great day.
    I need to get my meal plan tweaked as the kids are getting sick of pasta, maybe if I change up the sauce they will feel differently.
    I'm also getting huge, wee man is doing great and has doubled his weight almost so wont be having him early thankfully. Just 8 weeks to go until he is here. I cant wait to see his chubby wee face for real.
    I'm almost set on his name now too.
    I need to get into bed as I'm so tired but hope to catch up with everyone soon x
    k+8 xx
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Freezer meal, the lifeblood of a large family!! Well done! (Peas are green and count as nutritious food :D )

Your mom sounds wonderful. Support is just so essential to our emotional wellbeing. I'm glad you have her!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Hope you feel better today and that you slept well, k+8. Have fun with your mum. So glad you have her support. And well done on the terries! I know what a boon disposable nappies must be but look what have they done to the planet! :eek: Plus, of course terries have to be much cheaper. Sorry, forgot where I was for a moment.;)
  • Smodlet
    Options
    K+8, hope you won't mind this aside to Mila?

Hi Mila! At least someone on here at this ungodly hour is not an insomniac. What time is it there, around 8:30 p.m?
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    K+8, hope you won't mind this aside to Mila?

Hi Mila! At least someone on here at this ungodly hour is not an insomniac. What time is it there, around 8:30 p.m?

:j Hi back! (And to K8 :) )

That's close, it would be 7:30 pm. Six hour difference and many nights I'm up too!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    Options
    I guess it's good morning where you are, then, Mila! Likewise howdy! :hello:
  • kimplus8
    Options
    Another good day, we met up with the kids dad today and they gave him his cards they had so tenderly made and his box of posh tea bags ( which I bought last week half price :wink: ) and we got a few groceries and came home. I've being kon Marie-ing today too, shredding all my old paperwork and filing debt stuff and what I've paid off, I've gotten 3 huge boxes of paperwork down to 1 small ish box of files! Damn that brought me some joy!!
    Ironing time in a bit- got uniforms to do for the week and planning to do for the week too.
    I've got 3 binbags and 2 boxes full of charity shop stuff, mostly stuff that I can't shift on eBay or Facebook like old bedding and table cloths that someone gave me and old baby clothes that I kept from my girls but having a boy so they need to go. I don't mind him being in pink blankets and having pink sheets but I draw the line at flowery dresses etc. Lol
    I'm feeling really accomplished and happy just now and ready to take on anything!
    When life gives you lemons it's time to make some lemon iced tea! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure