Invoicing & Payments from 2 separate companies

Xstyle
Xstyle Posts: 338
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 18 May 2018 at 11:22AM in Small biz MoneySaving
Hi,
Hoping you can please?
There are 2 companies and the 1st one needs to close, so don't want any trading activities going through it. The issue is, a payment needs to be made to a supplier for the remaining 50%.
How can this payment be made from Company 2, without the supplier reissuing another invoice, they have already confirmed they won't, unless its for the whole amount.

Making a payment classes as trading, and you need 3 clear months before you can close a business.

Thanks,
Sid

Comments

• Xstyle
    Xstyle Posts: 338
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The short answer, from an accountant, yes you can still pay debtors, and thats not classed as trading. So the bank was wrong!
  • HatAndScarf
    HatAndScarf Posts: 41 Forumite
    Xstyle wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hoping you can please?
    There are 2 companies and the 1st one needs to close, so don't want any trading activities going through it. The issue is, a payment needs to be made to a supplier for the remaining 50%.
    How can this payment be made from Company 2, without the supplier reissuing another invoice, they have already confirmed they won't, unless its for the whole amount.

Making a payment classes as trading, and you need 3 clear months before you can close a business.

Thanks,
    Sid

As a supplier, I wouldn't give 2 hoots where the money came from to pay my invoice ... as long as it is paid in full.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Xstyle wrote: »
    The short answer, from an accountant, yes you can still pay [STRIKE]debtors,[/STRIKE] and thats not classed as trading. So the bank was wrong!
    creditors :)
    As a supplier, I wouldn't give 2 hoots where the money came from to pay my invoice ... as long as it is paid in full.
    nonetheless as a business owner I'm sure you would not be so content when the expense is disallowed as not one incurred by the company who paid it, thereby making the payment into a director loan account transaction, and thus potentially liable for personal tax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure