September's Step-Up!!!

Comments

• Morning Chickadees!!!

Glorious Sunshine this side of London so I'm off to the town show for round two. What I wasn't told us that although our church has a stall up there we have to pay to get in. £3 per day! A little of sorts I ended up having to purchase food £3, then though I'd might at well get my store cupboards stocked since the SFD day is RUINED! Que a haul from Lidls and Tescos to the grand tune of about £38 and my cupboards are back from the dead.

Nuts are expensive aren't they!! Otherwise a best majority of my goodies bar veg and fruit were all Tescos Every Day Value. I'm even going to try a recipe from Jack Monroes blog that calls for tinned potatoes @ 15p a can.

I am so chuffed with my purchases - bumped high due to vegan cheese @ £2.25 and veggie sausages @ £3 (which will last for 2-3 weeks though.).. that I think I wil be turned to only EDV stuff in future.. However my skin has taken a serious turn for the worst due to an influx of bad eating. I am back in my smoothies for breakfast ( 1 banana, 1 pear, 100g spinach, 1 stick of celery and Cos lettuce leaves which I've left out this time).. So this adds a little more expense but wil help get me back on track.. That and gallons of water..

So I shall be reading posts throughout the day as I missed 'em all yesterday..

Hope everyone is doing ok though as we are now over a week in! Whoop Whoop!!!

Onwards!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • dropping in for a recap of my spending day!

spent around 33.32 at the market & icel*and and at puperdrug (had to get OH some disposable razors). Had no beauty contingency so it'll just have to come out of my groceries spends!!!

OH bought himself a PILE of tobacco in France (from his pocket money) which is handy so no spends on that for the next 5 days which is great! The money spent today also includes change to top up oystercards ready for Thursday going to the railway station. And actually - still have 3 quid left as loose change so really this is how it divides up!!!! (get ready for this crazy mathematics :rotfl:):

Spends today -
    Groceries: 13.32 (iceyland) + 6.50 market
    Oystercards: 2.00 + 2.00
    toiletries: 4.50
    tobacco: 2.00 - rizlas
    loose change leftover: 3.00 - ahah! 3.00 should go to trussel trust but as OH gets paid on Friday - i'll keep this as 'cover' spends and donate when we get a better buffer. Sorry NSK! :o

So budgets look like this so far:
    food/general spends: 49.82/100
    toiletries: 4.50/0.00 - :eek:
    transport: 4/20 (may go over this depending on the taxi/how we can get back on Sunday)
    tobacco: 2/40 - so may use some of this budget for the dry cleaning as have to pick up stuff on Wednesday so this will cover me!!
    going out: 0/40 - intact!!! we live such boring lives!!! (Due to spend - only if need to! Over next weekend)

Walked to the market today so exercise done! :D

And no alcohol in the house so should be an AFD today too!
    Whoop!!

Feeling the chill in the air today though! OH is on the sofa in his big fleece and I've got my big woolly socks on!!! No way that heating is going on - no way!!!:cool:
    Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j
  • Hi everyone, sorry ive been awol!

Still waiting for baby.... (2 days left) And ive found myself popping out to buy small bits id either forgotten about or need.

Will probably lurk for the rest of the month and pop back for octobers challenge.

Well done on all your achievements everyone, keep it up or nsk will find you!!
    Still here..... but working on that!
  • andrar
    andrar Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good luck LSD! Hope baby arrives soon, safe and sound!
  • Thank u andrar! Me 2 :)
    Still here..... but working on that!
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Afternoon everyone :) The London sunshine has made way for some scary clouds and lots of rain. I'm on the tube just now, having a quick catch up so shall post when I get home tonight. Love the smoothie talk again mat :). I had banana, oats, cinnamon, almond milk, organic vanilla powder and bee pollen in mine this morning-that was 7 hours ago and I'm starting to think about food again....

How do you add a clicky thing? I'll add my friends website details when I get home but forget (should really write it somewhere!!) how to do it!

Off to battle the rain...enjoy your day everyone :D
  • AnnieBox
    AnnieBox Posts: 116 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Didn't manage to check in yesterday, very busy day so consider this a check in for the weekend, yesterday and today.

I have had 4 Spend free days so far this month.

*walked to the shops and back today
    *Didn't buy food when I was out
    *Still no energy drinks

Budget so far:

Food: £9/£20
    Petrol: £20/£40
    Other: £19/£100
    Paid off my debts, saved up my cash and now I'm finally buying my own home!
  • zoominov
    zoominov Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Haven't been checking in since thursday night , but i jotted down what a spent !

Friday - £5.00 on Oyster card, £1.00 red bull
    Saturday - NSD
    Sunday - £13.70 - Got my lunch sorted in that price for Monday and Tuesday

5 More days till payday
  • ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hiya!

Hope everyone's well and having a lovely weekend!

Sorry I've been MIA, been really busy with work. Absolutely shattered and very cold!! Thank you to everyone who wished me luck and congratulated me on the new job :grinheart

Anyway, quick update on my goals:

Food £44.99/£100
    Transport £70.40/£100
    Misc £65.40/£200
    Beauty £5.64/£10
    Food bank £0/£3
    NSD 3/18

This month is turning out to be more expensive than I thought!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • Finally I can post - my broadband has been playing up, still not quite right but...

First of all thanks for the kind and thoughtful words regarding the incident at the train station. I have now emailed the train company, via their website. You can either send feedback praising staff or nominate them for an award, so I've done the latter. I have nominated the train driver for an award (it doesn't give any further details though, so not sure what he would get). I also, selected the option to receive a response regarding my feedback, so I will let you know.

So on Saturday, drum roll please I did a value shop....of sorts, it was kind of 50-50. I can't believe how cheap Asda sp and Tesco EV are. I will try everything I have bought, and make a note of what I like and buy again. I have a sweet tooth and I got some Asda toffees 250g for 28p, they are just as nice as Cadbury's eclairs which are £1 for 180g, so that's a no brainer. Although, I couldn't quite bring myself to buy value products to take in to work, which is silly because everyone on nights knows my situation.

As for work, I worked out the other day I needed 8 extra shifts to ensure that I paid my loan off using my November pay. This would mean my loan is paid off in December a whole 12 months early. I am now up to 11 shifts (due to staff illness and leave) of which I have already done 3. I can't wait to do the eight shift, then I know I am free and clear of this albatross of a loan, barring any disasters.
    Debt-Free day 30th September 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport