Temping - need mortgage advice

Options
Hi, am in a real situation and need some advice quickly. If anyone can help I would be more than grateful.

I currently have a 60 grand mortgage on a property valued at £125,000. I left my job in Dec 03, went self employed, have now gone back into work but I am working through a temp agency for 3 months before I sign my contract. Salary £21,000.

I REALLY need to re-mortgage to get my current partner out of my house - 20 grand. What are my chances of re-mortgaging in my current situation? If I can, what are my best options? I don't want to be tied into interest rate from hell but on the other hand, I have to get my partner out of my house!

Please, please help
Comps £2016 in 2016 - 1 wins = £530 26.2%
SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER No. 428 2015 - £210.93

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    whose name is the house in?

whose name is the mortgage in?
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Both are solely in my name - when we bought house I was working, she wasn't so it made sense for me to buy the house

Now legally I may not have to give her a penny but I'm a nice girl and just can't do that *s* HELP!

• lisyloo
    Options
    So - you have contributed most of the money towards the house but you are willing to be amicable and give her a settlement of £20K.

Will she not wait 3 months for the money? given that you are being fairly generous towards her?
  • Nix143
    Options
    No I need her out now. Any suggestions?

• lisyloo
    Options
    You can get her out any time you like - it's your house. You simply ask her to leave.

You really need to speka to a mortgage broker.
    My feeling is that it would be a lot easier to get a mortgage once you have your contract signed.

You might be able to get a self certification mortgage in the meantime but that will cost more.

It is not clear exactly what her legal claim is on the money, but if it's your house then you can get her out any time you like.

I would ask her to leave and then sort out the money later.
    It is not reasonable to expect you to be able to sort out the money instantaneously.
    People do this over a period of months and years when they get divorced.

But if you are really insistent on doing it that way then you need to arrange an appointment with a mortgage broker.
    They will be familiar with which companies might be able to help you (or not).
    Try to get one that doesn't charge you a fee.
  • Mortgage_Master
    Options
    Hi Nix143,

This is a tricky one! Lenders normally require that you be in a permanent position.

What line of work are you in, is it the same type as when you were self-employed? When did you start the job and what date should the contract be signed?

Even if your employment wasn't a problem it would still take 6 - 8 weeks to go through the remortgage process. Have you approached your existing lender yet?
    Please note that whilst I am a mortgage broker my comments on this site are intended as general discussion and NOT personalised mortgage advice. Please click on my name and follow the link to see a full regulatory disclosure.
  • Nix143
    Options
    Yes, my work is exactly the same as what I did for 5 years employed then 9 months self employed - IT Project Manager. The reason I've gone back into work is to make getting mortgage a bit easier!

Thanks for the advice so far - keep it coming! There must be someone who will give me the money!

• thorkild
    thorkild Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Check out this link.

http://www.contractoruk.com/money/cuk_mortgage_club.html

Basically it is a self certification mortgage for contractors. I guess a temp would be similar enough.

Good luck!

thorx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family