Hmrc ?

Does anyone know if during the period of the IVA you can 'offset' the IVA payments against your tax returns (set-off of payments)- no idea what it means but its worded that way in our proposal?

Comments

• Generali
    Generali Posts: 36,411 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mother_hen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if during the period of the IVA you can 'offset' the IVA payments against your tax returns (set-off of payments)- no idea what it means but its worded that way in our proposal?

Do you mean can you pay you debts off using untaxed income if you've entered into an IVA?
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    mother_hen wrote: »

Your Insolvency Practitioner would be best placed to answer this question.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport