GDPR privacy policy - any free templates ?

Hi all

I am trying to go about the whole GDPR compliance thing in the most affordable way. I can see some companies selling privacy policies + kits for £££££ and others for annual subscriptions of $27

I am a small business - i teach languages online...

I understand what i need to do re my mailing list but I am not looking for a template for a privacy policy.

Does anyone know if there is a free template I can use anywhere?

thanks

Art

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The ICO website has a guide to the sections you need. It's quite straightforward.
  • altocumulus
    altocumulus Posts: 569
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    artichoke wrote: »
    Hi all

I am trying to go about the whole GDPR compliance thing in the most affordable way. I can see some companies selling privacy policies + kits for £££££ and others for annual subscriptions of $27

I am a small business - i teach languages online...

I understand what i need to do re my mailing list but I am not looking for a template for a privacy policy.

Does anyone know if there is a free template I can use anywhere?

thanks

Art

We're finding this a bit of a nightmare to work out what should be done.

Two Home Tutors here, and we guess most of the advice is not geared towards people like us....

Our interpretation is, as long as you specify what information you hold, where it's held
    and why, you should comply.

There's a post via Google that we've used as a guide gdpr-a-piano-teacher-perspective.pdf.

One thorny issue is whether a registration with the ICO is required. (Annual fee!)

I feel a live chat with the ICO is required on the morrow! If they're not busy.....
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ICO registration - they have a set of questions, I believe. If all you're storing is name and contact details you're probably OK not registering. If you're keeping details of anything more 'personal' - age / gender / disability / personal life preferences - you're probably not.

But that's my quick reading of it for my own situation - where all we're storing is name and contact details!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just to update the above, I found some more comprehensive information which I've posted here.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport