2»

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 May 2018 at 1:45PM
    Options
    We had this problem a while ago.

I finally lost it, and demanded that they remove our telephone number from their records. I was told they couldn't do that, as our number was the only contact number they held for Mr Bloggs......

Must have done some good, though, as the calls ended after that.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you are on a contract, tell your provider you are receiving unwanted calls, and they will change your number for free.

If you are on PAYG just get a new sim card.

Simple.

Numbers get recycled, this happens sometimes.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Bojjob77
    Options
    Thankyou for all the ideas, I!!!8217;ve gone through and blocked every number I can find on my phone and each time I get a new call blocking those too. The texts are still coming through though and I!!!8217;m yet to figure out how to block them on an iPhone when the sender isn!!!8217;t a number but a name.
    I!!!8217;ve had the same mobile number for over a decade now I don!!!8217;t want to change it and have to remember a new one haha
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    robber2 wrote: »
    TPS is a nice idea in theory but pointless and powerless in reality IMHO. Registering with them made no difference to the volume of calls I used to get.

Five years after registering with TPS we have had less than half a dozen calls. Prior to that we could get that many in a week.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    Five years after registering with TPS we have had less than half a dozen calls. Prior to that we could get that many in a week.

Quite.

It won't stop one call from a boiler room operation in India.

But it will stop the just-about-lawful companies operating in the UK.

As it costs nothing and takes 5 minutes the OP has nothing to lose - and it is preferable to losing his phone number.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    you can block the number on the mobile.

Only if there actually is a number sent.

If the number is withheld, you can't block it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure