Fitness First Job

I have an interview at my local Fitness First as a personal trainer, does anyone know the likely income I could generate and hours I'd have to work to make it worthwhile financially?
Thanks
Personal Loan: £11,488 3.7% Credit card: £5,946 0% Total = £17,434

Comments

• Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    I assume you are a trainee given you dont know... looking on a few job sites they seem to suggest £15k

A friend who had post graduate degrees in sports sciences was a senior trainer for an exclusive club and when he quit he was on about £35k
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    You would have to be VERY good and experienced to earn that sort of money, normally an average personal trainer can earn from as little as £10,000even when in a club, £15,000 for someone who wants to work a LOT of hours and is better than average and does something a bit different.

As for the income you'd generate at that particular club, you'd need to know how much you got per session before being able to work out how many hours you'd have to do for it to be worthwhile. Bear in mind though, they might not have the bookings to cover all the hours you might need to do.
  • macymoo
    macymoo Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for all your advice, I am a qualified Personal Trainer and Fitness coach but have never done this type of work before, I may just go to the interview with an open mind, then work out the hours etc after, thanks
    Personal Loan: £11,488 3.7% Credit card: £5,946 0% Total = £17,434
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport