Fineco Bank multicurrencies account

Comments

• Yesterday I wired £2 from my FirstDirect account around 10pm, and it showed up in my Fineco account this morning. I added a zero at the beginning of my Fineco account # to get to an 8-number account.

I tried to send money from Fineco to FirstDirect, but, like others have posted, the money takes two days to arrive. By "tried" I mean that I saw the website wouuldn't let me specify a date earlier than 4th (now it's the 2nd), not that it didn't work.
  • giocoforzauno
    giocoforzauno Posts: 50 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2017 at 2:20PM
    Has anyone else seen this account and/or already signed up? I registered an interest when someone else posted a link on Facebook and finalised the account opening last week.

Basically they are part of the UniCredit group (Champions League sponsor) and have been a challenger bank operating in many part of Europe for quite a few years now, as I understand with an Italian Banking License (depositor protected up to €100,000).

You get a UK bank account (sort code start with 30, looks to be a Lloyds one) and an IBAN starting with IT. You can select between a free GBP or EUR debit card and pay £9.95 for a second one in the other currency (the early bird offer was for both cards to be free). You also have two other currencies operating account (but not card for those), in USD and CHF, plus an investment/trading platform if you wish to use it.

I will use it for a while and see if I can close my other fee paying EUR account.
    :j

:T
    If anyone is interested in opening a Fineco account there is a promo :T

I don't know if it is allowed to post the Promo code here in the forum.

Is it possible?

The code (used in the opening form) permit to receive 50£ cash or 50 commission free trades opening a fineco UK account by 10 August 2017

Could I post the code or not? :rotfl:
    Or is there in the forum a specific section for it? :j
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 4 August 2017 at 11:35AM
    As it is a referrer code, you should post in the referrers forumhttp://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42 :)

For others, it seems our Italy based folks get a referral program for their UK friends, €50 for them, £50 for UK friend.

https://finecobank.com/uk/public/mgm

£1000 lodgement, or 1 trade required
  • I'm italian

I have an Italian account so I have the code : o
  • DesG
    I'm italian

I have an Italian account so I have the code : o

Make a post on the referrers forum (Link in previous post) and I'll sign up for an account with your code :)
  • giocoforzauno
    giocoforzauno Posts: 50 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2017 at 2:22PM
    DesG wrote: »
    Make a post on the referrers forum (Link in previous post) and I'll sign up for an account with your code :)
    :beer:

done

the FINECO PROMO CODE post is published in:
    "Referrers" section of this forum

:o
  • DesG
    evangelos wrote: »
    If the above is true then its cheaper than Transferwise and probably the cheapest there is. Can anyone else confirm this low spread?

From their T&C's since no-one else has posted them so far:-

Currency exchange
    GBPEUR 15 bps
    GBPUSD 15 bps
    GBPCHF 50 bps

https://finecobank.com/uk/public/fogli-informativi/dettaglio?categoria=76210&cartella=contoeuro&area=pubblica
  • ashlward
    ashlward Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Does anyone know how to pay into a fineco account with euros in Italy? Let's just say I exchanged some money into euros in the UK before I arrived and took it with me to Italy, how would I put those euros into my fineco account?
  • You would not. There is no way to deposit cash, neither pounds nor euros, neither here nor in the EU. I asked.
  • I better keep my natwest account then
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure