Sashybo - Back Again

Comments

• Pack maternity or much-too-big leggings and vest/jumper! Even if you have shrunk right back, they will be lovely and comfy. and on the very slim off chance you end up with a c-section they won't press on the scar. And soft cotton much more forgiving than denim on any, ahem, soreness from a natural delivery!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,496
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks treading, that gives me an idea of where to start.:) Have most of my toiletries sorted,as picked up a few more bits on my break today. Just need to get my clothes sorted and start on the baby's bag. Have got all the baby clothes & blankets we've bought in the wash so will be able to pack a few things once it's all dry.

Had another busy but not stressful day at work which was good. Bought a couple of new bath towels as we could do with some & they were doing buy one get one half price. :j Already have the same ones in the same colour and know they wash quite well. :)

DH built the chair & footstool before work today, only the bookshelf to do now and need to secure the drawers to the wall once we decide where they're going. I can then put the clean baby clothes, blankets etc away in the drawers and we can put the wall stickers up soon. :j

Still need to measure & order a blackout blind for the baby's room as well. Ordered a changing mat online today but used vouchers from surveys so it was free. :):T

No other real news, just feeling huge again, bump definitely bigger and really sticking out now. :eek:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Went to chiropractor today after work & back feeling better now. :) My neck cracked so loudly when she was working on it.:eek:

Dropped into see my mum on the way home & stayed for an hour or so, nice to have a chat. Going out with my mum, sister, nieces & nephews on Friday for an early dinner for my sister's birthday. My brother, his gf & the 2 wee ones are meant to be coming as well but the wee ones aren't well so not sure if they'll make it. DH has a friend up for the weekend so probably won't come.

DH's friend being up will at least get him to tidy up the mess in the guest room. :T Bed is covered with random baby stuff. :eek:

When I got home I folded all the baby clothes & blankets I had washed yesterday. Put some in the baby's hospital bag but have sat the rest of the stuff in the cot/on top of the drawers until we have moved the drawers into the place we want them.

Also got a washing on, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen worktops & tidied them then bleached the quarter sink as it was all tea stained. :cool: Once I started cleaning I found it difficult to stop.:eek: Very unlike me. :eek::rotfl: Also re-potted the coriander plant that DH brought home & abandoned. It was looking quite sad, hopefully it will pick up now.

Going to head to bed soon as knackered now. Last shift tomorrow for 5 days.:j:T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Was knackered yesterday so had a nap when I got home from work. DH was very good and got a lot of housework done. :T

Baby's room is looking good, just need blind (no still not ordered :o) & wall stickers up. Got both hospital bags started but not quite finished yet. :o

Have had a lazy day so far & will head out soon as meeting my mum & sister for an early dinner.

DH & friend off out for a walk and then probably for a few drinks.

Planning on visiting my friend that has a new baby tomorrow afternoon and our other friend is going to drop in at the same time. Will be nice to see them both and cuddle the baby.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi Sashy

You've been busy on the baby things front. How lovely to have a room all ready to go! Just need that small person to be ready now :)

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Hi Bob, yes finally getting our a**es into gear a bit more. :o Nice to walk into the baby's room with most of the stuff in there but also a bit scary as it makes it more "real". :eek::) Bump seems to be bigger every day as well. :D

Feeling a bit sore & tired today. Made 2 banana loaves so will take one with me when I go to visit my friend and her new baby later.

Had a bit of a stressful early dinner yesterday as met my mum & sister along with my sister's kids on time as arranged. However my brother, his gf & their 2 small kids were also meant to be coming at the same time and were late. We thought they might call off as their kids both have a bad cold but they said they would be there. We then thought ok, they'll be half an hour or so.

2 hours later they finally arrived...:mad::eek: By that time we had all eaten and were ready to leave! My sister's twins were really playing up the whole time as well and just wouldn't do what they were told. :mad::eek: Was really starting to lose the rag with them tbh, they're 8 and know better. :mad:

Also we were eating in a pub and just felt like the nightmare family with nightmare children that the staff all avoid & the other customers wish would leave. :o:( It was awful, had one drink in about 3 hours as the staff pretty much wouldn't come near us!! Think they were trying to get us to leave but my mum didn't want to go before my brother arrived. My sister & I wanted to go after we had eaten our main but ordered desserts to keep my mum happy (when the staff actually deigned to come & take away our empty plates).

The whole thing was a nightmare - everytime we go anywhere at least one of the twins starts acting up & refusing to do anything they're told and my brother shows up at least an hour late every time as well. :mad: Not going out for something to eat with the kids again - will just go with my mum & sister on our own next time.

Was nice to see my wee nieces (2yo & 7mo) but imo the baby really wasn't well enough to be out. She was all stuffed up and had barely slept because she couldn't breathe through her nose. :( Poor wee soul was trying her best to smile for me though and we had a nice cuddle.

When I got home I had a really sore stomach and felt really drained so had a nap. Think I was just really stressed out about the whole thing. :( Stomach still a bit sore today which isn't great but better than last night.

No real money news atm, just plodding on.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Have been a bit rubbish at updating over the last few days, just feeling very tired and not up to much tbh.

Trying to keep up with the surveys as have managed to buy quite a few things for the baby using vouchers. Managed to claim another £5 Am@zon voucher from sw@gbucks. :T 0nepoll up to £16.80 now. :)

Went & had a cuddle with my friend's 3 week old baby on Saturday afternoon which was nice. He slept the whole time apart from a little cry at the beginning.

My friend also has a young springer spaniel who was getting very excited and decided she wanted to be my best friend, kept sitting next to me on the couch and leaning against me so I would stroke her. :rotfl: My other friend was also there with her boy who's 6 now and he was much more interested in the dog than the baby. :rotfl:

On Sunday went to Ald! with DH & did quite a big shop - we bought more nappies, wipes and some formula milk incase I don't get on with the BF. Also used vouchers online to order a microwave steriliser & bottle brush - there was so much choice that it was difficult to know where to start so just ordered one of the well known brands. :cool: Was only £15 for the steriliser and £2ish for the bottle brush - with the voucher the order came to £9. :j

Went shopping yesterday and bought some nursing bras and vest tops from H&M, will keep the tags on and try again in 2 weeks to make sure they still fit. If I've grown out of them I can then take them back and exchange for the bigger size. They feel very comfy and are quite stretchy so hopefully will be ok. Got a couple of tops as well which I can wear now & will still be able to wear after the birth as feel like I'm wearing the same 4 tops all the time atm.

Feel like all I've done the last few days is spend money. :o We need to wait for a few statements to come in and then move money from baby's account to pay for the things we've been buying for the nursery etc. Payday on Friday for us as well. :j
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    DH & I did a bit of work on the nursery again yesterday - we now have our wall stickers up and they look really good & super cute. :j

Have finally got a blackout blind ordered for the baby's room and also finally got round to ordering a blind for our bathroom whilst we were doing that.

Back to work today for 7 late shifts and really can't be bothered. Hoping I feel ok once I'm there as just want to sleep all the time just now. :o

Have been trying to do a few more surveys and have had a small payment through which I've paid off loan no1 today.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Work was ok yesterday, was busy and always have a lot to catch up on after long weekend but nothing too stressful. Feeling a bit tired today but not too bad. Hoping to last another 5 weeks or so at work.

Payday tomorrow so will do some moving about of money - my everyday cc that is paid off in full every month is looking a bit higher than normal but have used it for some baby related spends so will move that money from the baby's account to pay those off.

Went and bought basic baby medicines like calpol etc yesterday so we are prepared. Need to find a box or bag to keep them all together.

Still trying to do a few surveys a day but not really near payout on any of the sites after a small flurry in the last few months.

Next midwife appointment is on Monday, will get more blood taken so hopefully my iron levels have picked up a bit. Baby still jumping about like mad so seems like a good sign - getting a bit more uncomfortable as the baby & bump increase in size. Not massive or anything but definitely noticing a change even in the last week or so size-wise. :eek: Due in roughly 6 weeks which is quite scary. :eek: But also looking forward to seeing our wee one. :)

Still not been told anything about who is covering my maternity leave - bet they want me to train them as well. :mad: Not like they've had enough notice. :cool: Rumour has it they have given it to an 18yo with no experience of my job. At all. :eek: Yes, that would be someone literally young enough to be my child!!:cool:

I feel a bit insulted as though they think anyone can do my job. :( It's really not as easy as some people seem to think it is. :mad: I still think they're going to fight me when I want to return to my own job in a job share/part time role but will cross that bridge when I come to it. Not much else I can do and would rather concentrate on the baby right now but it's always a niggle in the back of my head. I'm good at my job, I enjoy it and I have over 6 years experience in the role but I still think the company would happily sh*ft me tbh if it's easier for them. :( I know that all of my managers know this and that the big bosses above them know this but just unsure how they'll handle it and how much influence they actually have in these things as there are so many layers of management/bureaucracy. I do have a union so will speak to them if I need to.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    As it's payday have moved some money out of the baby account to pay baby spends off my cc. Need to see what's going where before I can make any overpayments to either loan. Monthly payments not due out for a few days on loan 1 & another week or so for loan 2. Car loan repayments also start next month. :eek:

Have woken up with a sore throat so really hoping I'm not coming down with something. Feeling more tired today so hoping work won't be too busy. Need to get to bed a bit earlier when I get home from work tonight as well.

Back is a bit niggly but think I've been slouching too much at my desk at work, sitting up straight helps but feeling a bit squashed between chest & bump at the moment anyway. :o

No real news otherwise, better go and get showered and ready for work.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback