Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Comments

• ColinB
    ColinB Posts: 70 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've been with Flow for several years and in general it's been OK. Just recently though the customer service has been poor. I've had the problem with meter readings being ignored that others have reported: I've complained, been told variously that it's all someone else's fault (Nexus) and that there's a problem with Flow's systems not picking up validated readings correctly ... so there's been no consistent story.

Then I was informed my DD would be increased, but they didn't provide any justification. I asked for the figures twice and was ignored, so raised another complaint. The response still didn't justify the increase, but quoted a new DD figure 75% greater than my current DD !! After yet another call they admitted that was "human error", they finally provided their calculations to justify the increase, and we agreed what the monthly payment should be. All resolved eventually but it took rather more effort than it should have. Meanwhile my meter readings are still being ignored despite Nexus apparently being successfully completed several months ago ...

PS How does one contribute to the customer satisfaction scores that are quoted in the Cheap Energy Club ? I can't find any link in there, am I missing it or is it somewhere else ?
  • @colinB
    I've switched away from Flow but awaiting my final bill and my credit to be returned.
    However I am very disappointed in Flow in that even though on the website they changed the value of my direct debit to zero, they still took the full month's normal payment some 3 working days post the switch date.
    So Flow are in breach of the DD terms and conditions by informing me that they would be no future direct debits taken.
  • ebc
    ebc Posts: 156 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The Flow Energy rep on here posted that the September Flow bill should be using the correct Gas meter reads that we entered in August. (Post 165, 5-sept-2017)

My bill from 9 Sept still shows an estimated Gas read which is way above the meter reads I have been submitting every month. The Electric read is correct, as submitted.

I have just submitted my September-30th readings and if they don't show on the next bill I will definitely be looking elsewhere as this has been wrong for nearly 6 months.
  • Mine is still wrong too. I have emailed them, but they do not reply. I messaged them on facebook, and they told me that meter readings should show on the portal five days after submission. They do not. The bills are based on their estimates. Its hopeless trying to communicate with them. I would like to leave, but do not want to pay the charge to do so
  • Hi - I switched from Spark (atrocious billing and appalling rip off customer service) to Flow about two years ago - the switch was painless and trouble free and quick. Since then had absolutely no problems at all. Good clear billing, no over inflated estimates when my busy life gets in the way of doing my meter readings. When my initial tariff ended I received good clear information advising that I could change suppliers or change to a new fixed rate tariff with flow or be changed automatically to the variable rate. Although there was a slightly cheaper rate available elsewhere (£30 a year if I recall) I decided to stick with the hassle free Flow new fixed rate - one press of a button and I was on the new tariff.
    I'm sticking with Flow despite the prospect of £85 annual cost saving because the lower rates appear to be offered by a company with low ratings because it can't cope with demand, the next lowest will want a Smart meter installed (it's not my house so more hassle) and then we're back down top £30 a year savings by unproven new entrants or variable rates that could change tomorrow.and eliminate all the saving.
  • ebc
    Are you on Gas with Flow - if so are they actually using the readings that you supply to calculate your gas bill ?
    Since May they have only used my Elec readings and are ignoring the Gas readings submitted at the same time. They are generating their own estimates which are much higher than our usage (either this year or last).
    The Flow rep on here claimed that this should have been corrected in the Sept bill but mine was still using their own incorrect estimate.
  • ebc
    Just bumping this thread in the hope that the Flow Rep might deign to reply and explain what on earth is going on with their billing !
    They said that the Sept bill would use submitted Gas values rather than the estimates they have been making up for the past 5 months.

However, both the Sept and the Oct bills are still using estimates which don't even seem to be related to our gas usage last year.

Other people seem to be having the same problem but no reply from the Flow Rep

I used to think Flow were ok, but BASED ON THEIR LACK OF PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION ON THE BILLING ISSUE I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FLOW ENERGY !
  • ebc
    Just bumping this thread (again!) as the Flow Rep seems to be ignoring it and only posting to the Flow Energy Warm Home Discount advert string.

NB I would recommend to AVOID FLOW as they ignore submitted Gas readings (and have done for the past 6 months) and don't respond to complaints.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ditto the above. Meter readings still not correct on the Flow website, despite regularly putting in readings they are still not updated and the readings that are there are not ones I have submitted. Contacted Flow about this via Facebook and guess what, despite giving account numbers etc still the problem persits.

Will not be renewing contract with Flow in March 18.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Have just been on their facebook page to reiterate the readings problem. The number of complants on there is indicative of this companies poor performance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure