Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Comments

• clydeguineapig
    clydeguineapig Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2017 at 7:40PM
    My fixed year has finished with SSE, been fine. I have switched to Avro (30 mins ago) seems fine so far.

When looking for quotes, I took a note of what I spend over the year but did notice that one quotation stated that it was based on what I would save if I was on SSE's standard tariff. It did not compare the fixed tariff that I just left hence the saving seemed more. Maybe something to watch out for.
  • gsmlnx wrote: »
    Coming towards the end of my gas fix term tariff (15 months) and will be moving away.
    All has been good except for the last 3 months' bills where Flow have ignored my monthly meter readings and added their own value (much higher of course). Phoned Customer Services and got through quickly but just told it wouldn't happen next month. Well guess what, it did repeatedly.
    Not impressed currently.

So it's not just me.

I raised a complaint with Flow, after they replied to me on here, pointing out multiple things. They ignored half of the things in my complaint, only actually acting on the fact that they always address me as Mrs [HUSBANDS FULL NAME]. Then the following day I got an email addressed to that name.

I didn't respond to their response because I wanted to see if anything would change - one of the things that really narks me is that you never get an email to say that a bill is waiting for payment, I went into great depth about this. I get emails from my two water companies, I've had them from EDF, it's just normal, isn't it? I haven't got time to wait for them to generate a bill on a random date in the first two weeks of the month and log in every single day on the off-chance it's appeared. Nope, that's not changed and they say it never will.

But what's really getting me now is that despite us submitting meter readings every single week...they're adding 50 gas units each month. That's 50, 5-0, to our bill which we've not used. They're ignoring our reading of the gas meter that we're submitting, doing their own estimate and overcharging us. The meter reader that's coming round every 6 or so weeks is still refusing to read the gas meter. I know that it's not been read since we moved in, but they accepted our original reading as perfectly sound, so what's wrong with all of our subsequent ones - the electric ones are good enough. I resent over paying a monthly bill by up to £10.
  • ^^^

I've had issues with Flow and my gas readings too. All was fine at first but the last three or four readings haven't been recognised, leading to an estimated bill. Electricity has been fine all bar one month since I joined last September. My tariff ends at the end of this month. Can't see me staying as there are cheaper tariffs around anyway.
    In God I trust. Everyone else is a suspect.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    I would like to apologise that your reads have not been used on your statements. During May, there was an industry wide update on the gas national database which caused validation issues. We had hoped that this would be resolved quickly, but this has not been the case. This update has effected all suppliers that use a particular system to validate reads, and was unfortunately beyond our control.

The reads have likely been received and are displaying on our system. Once the reads have been validated, we will be able to bill your account up to date. This has been raised, and we have been informed that this has now been resolved.

The next statement will be available to review on the 11th September, and should show the readings submitted in August. Going forwards, if the reads are not shown, please let us know and we will investigate further.

With regards to your tariff, please feel free to call us and we will happily look into this for you!
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • When I moved to Flow at the end of May I was asked by them to submit readings which were to determine my final bill from the old supplier. I did so straight away, but the readings never reached the old supplier and estimates were eventually used which, whilst not wildly out, were not in my favour. I ended up paying for less at my previous lower rate than the energy used up to the date of the switch - a bit more more money for Flow who were not my supplier at the time. However, not enough to make a fuss about.

I have not heard a word since but the switch through Cheap Energy Club has still not completed. According to CEC, the gas has been switched but electricity remains with the old supplier. This is incorrect - I have long since had my final bill from the old supplier but leaving the switch pending means I am still awaiting the cashback due under this deal (which I see Flow no longer offer, but they did at the time I joined) and means I am unable to switch again should I wish to do so.

I am beginning to wonder if switching to Flow might have been a mistake.
  • I too am regretting the switch. They ignored my opening meter reads and just estimated what they thought they might be. I complained by email, but it takes over a week to respond. However, they do respond on Faceache, with the explanation that they have been inundated with emails. I dont think they are coping, but I am beginning to think this cannot go on.
  • Moved to Flow in May.Have added gas meter readings every month,but only estimated readings added to account.Have rung every month and three times today but still no proper explanation.They keep quoting Nexus Upgrade causing validation problems.Spoke to Citizens Advice and they say there is no problem.They are slow to answer calls and then they go to South Africa.Yes South Africa.I moved to flow from NPower who were bad but I regret moving to Flow.
    They say the whole of the Gas Energy industry is affected by the Nexus upgrade to validate gas readings.Well thats the first time I,ve heard that.I am sure if thats the case then there would have been a lot of complaints in the media,I have seen none.
  • I have googled Nexus upgrade and cannot find anything about it. I am going to try Facebook to see if that gets me anywhere. I am totally fed up, but dont want to pay the exit fee to leave. The 14 day cooling off period is a joke, as it takes longer than that to switch.
  • Well I'm wondering if my actual readings sent to Flow at the time of my switch at the end of May will, when validated, result in a refund of the excess I am paying Flow for energy which should have been billed by my previous supplier at a lower rate. I suspect not!

According to Flow, my switch at the end of May has not yet completed with my electricity supply still being with EDF. I actually received my final bill from EDF and paid it in the first half of June.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    movingon wrote: »
    I have googled Nexus upgrade and cannot find anything about it. I am going to try Facebook to see if that gets me anywhere. I am totally fed up, but dont want to pay the exit fee to leave. The 14 day cooling off period is a joke, as it takes longer than that to switch.

http://www.opusenergyblog.com/project-nexus-the-round-up/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport