Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 9:20AM
    By the way, there are two bottles of rose wine on COS/CS at the mo. The Grenache is £5.98 in A's and £5 in T's so should be £3.50 after APG and cashback. The Zinfandel is £5 in A's and T's so should also be £3.50.

Edited to add, there is also Pinot Grigio, £5 in both A's and T's too.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all :wave:

Cloudy and cooler here thank goodness. :cool:
    Think its been too hot for the glitch fairy to do her thing :eek:
  • We need a picture :D

2j3p17t.jpg

mmpitl.jpg

Haven't spotted any wildlife in the pond except for when I was part emptying it - I saw the earth move next to me, and on closer inspection, it was a tiny frog :)
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 July 2018 at 10:03AM
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Thanks, his update of monitor messages received throughout night but only now read as I'm shattered but have to go to work :o
    He has been in a special chair all night wired up to a monitor & the heart reading has decreased to 65 from 165 so all going well..
    I was still awake at 2am :( so am like a slug this morning.
    If he gets released today he'll have to try & get hospital transport ..

Thanks for the ideas about Scotland touring :) - might be an option to try & see Northern lights without leaving the UK - she likes the idea of touring the Scottish Isles in a boat..
    Any cruise ideas please?

Laaters & Bestest xxxx

cruise ideas - you can get cruises that tour the Scottish islands and even Belfast - you can start from Southampton or Liverpool - these are probably the easier ports to go from.
    Some cruise companies actually pick you up at your own door so you don't have to worry about getting to the port - there is a limited mileage I think.
    When you book they ask if there are any medical problems and you just have to ask for priority assistant. At the port you will get a porter who will pop you in a chair and wheel you on - your luggage gets taken off you at the port and taken to your cabin so its another thing you don't have to worry about.
    There are also companies that will take your luggage from your own doorstep and it then gets sent on ahead and again the first time you see it will be in your cabin.
    So then you only need to have your handluggage and your medical kit with you on the way to the port.

Companies to try - Saga, Fred Olsen - FO are very good.

Also have a think about things like if you would like a bath or a shower - showers are easier for access but I think for wheelchair users they have sort of wet rooms. Also if you want early or later dining - I know some medication needs to be taken with medication but it might be better to eat in the buffet and there are always someone to help with trays etc.

When you get into ports you could just have a taxi to take you on nice scenic drives or just to find a nice caf! for a coffee or a brew if you don't fancy being out all day or need an after lunch lie down.

This one is very good and its a short one so its perfect as a taster.

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise/scottish-highlands-and-islands-l1826

Or if you can get yourself organised to go in 10 days!

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise/scottish-lochs-highlands-and-islands-w1815

September is also good

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise/lochs-of-scotland-w1820
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Good morning.....Loverly days to you all...:j:j
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post

So it is your fault it is so much cooler, seriously, thank you :D:rotfl::rotfl:

Your welcome :D

England or electric? :D

Electric :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Pond looks brilliant, well done.
  • mhoc
    Anon wrote: »
    They sent me a voucher for a free coffee and cake when it was my birthday. Yours could be worth much more though if you are buying anyway :).

Anon

With Marks premier club you used to get a proper afternoon tea with sandwiches and cake worth about £10.

Now though the afternoon tea has got more expensive so they downgraded it and you just get sandwiches and a scone each. no cake anymore - the worst of it is that it comes in an envelope with pictures of cake on it :mad:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Anon wrote: »
    Thank you for contacting the glitch fairy on our behalf. I have struggled to keep up this year as it has been far too hectic, so stocks are starting to get low. Toilet rolls are completely out and now making do with A SP :eek:.

Still plenty of toothpaste (many years ...), shampoo, hand wash, soup, "enough" (for now) shower gel, washing tablets and dw (though even they are getting low - to be fair I haven't bought any in 2 years or so though :D), even OS shower gel I could stock up if they glitch again :o.

Anon

Quidco have their bonus offer on again spend £6 and get £2.50 bonus cashback - useful for getting loo paper from Wilko
    (£its £6 to include vat) but don't include delivery

It would also be useful for anyone getting £5s from marks
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :)

Thanks, his update of monitor messages received throughout night but only now read as I'm shattered but have to go to work :o
    He has been in a special chair all night wired up to a monitor & the heart reading has decreased to 65 from 165 so all going well..
    I was still awake at 2am :( so am like a slug this morning.
    If he gets released today he'll have to try & get hospital transport ..

Thanks for the ideas about Scotland touring :) - might be an option to try & see Northern lights without leaving the UK - she likes the idea of touring the Scottish Isles in a boat..
    Any cruise ideas please?

Laaters & Bestest xxxx
    Jane McDonald did a cruise round the Isle of Mull, I think it's great idea if you have good sea legs but I don't ever think i'll get on a boat again after a bad experience. You can watch the episode here:

https://www.my5.tv/cruising-with-jane-mcdonald/season-1/episode-2
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• mhoc
    It is good to hear he is doing so well x

You must be very proud of him xxx

Yes and he was looking at the adventure training opportunities that the army offers - masses of them. A lot of his qualifications are transferable so when he gets through phase 2 he can start to sort that side of his career out.
    Where he is training now there is a climbing wall but unused and they don't have trainers. He is a qualified instructor but he cant even use it himself so you can imagine how annoying this is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure