Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• marcmc84
    marcmc84 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations! Got there in the end, just need to survey back now with no issues and your all moving
  • Wongus
    Wongus Posts: 49 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    marcmc84 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Got there in the end, just need to survey back now with no issues and your all moving

Thanks, we've recieved the mortgage offer today.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have told my 6 week younger self to be patient and ignore the developers pressure, I am handing over half a million quid to them, so they can stick it!
  • FTB-abi
    FTB-abi Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    So after nervously reading through loads of forums decided to make my own post.

I!!!8217;m a first time buyer, submitted my mortgage application with nationwide, through a broker, on Thursday(28/06) valuation yesterday(02/07) now it!!!8217;s just a waiting game.

Does anyone know how many checks they!!!8217;ve done before the valuation, is it just if the valuation passes and our documents match what we said we!!!8217;ll get the offer?

Am very nervous and have been told my the broker it!!!8217;s a 4 week turnaround from application to offer so eager to get any information I can.

Thanks!
  • BladeY_2
    BladeY_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    FTB-abi wrote: »
    So after nervously reading through loads of forums decided to make my own post.

I!!!8217;m a first time buyer, submitted my mortgage application with nationwide, through a broker, on Thursday(28/06) valuation yesterday(02/07) now it!!!8217;s just a waiting game.

Does anyone know how many checks they!!!8217;ve done before the valuation, is it just if the valuation passes and our documents match what we said we!!!8217;ll get the offer?

Am very nervous and have been told my the broker it!!!8217;s a 4 week turnaround from application to offer so eager to get any information I can.

Thanks!

Hi Abi.

We are first time buyers with Nationwide

6th June - Full application made with Nationwide
    7th June - Valuation booked for 14th of June
    14th June - Valuation took place
    18th June - Valuation accepted
    20th June - requested bank statements
    26th June - Mortage offer issued.

Now we're just waiting for solicitors and searches and stuff...
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    liviboy wrote: »
    Update:

09/06/18 - Viewed property - verbal offer made.
    10/06/18 - Decision in Principle received.
    11/06/18 - Formal offer made - offer accepted in principle. Estate agent instructed on the marketing and sale of our house.
    13/06/18 - Estate agent measured our property, home report instructed and a few other bits and pieces. Negotiation with solicitor regarding included items in sale of new property.
    14/06/18 - Full mortgage application made (Nationwide). Home report and survey carried out on my current house. Documents requested from Nationwide: Last payslip and proof of wife's bonus - both submitted electronically. Valuation booked for 15/06/18.
    15/06/18 - Valuation received and under review.
    18/06/18 - Application "passed for full assessment". Guessing it's just a waiting game now?
    20/06/18 - 2 Decision in Principle - Decline notifications on the tracker - called up and they are questioning items on both my and my wife's payslips. Info provided over the phone and e-mailed in April's payslip.
    21/06/18 - Called Nationwide to check if any further info required. Told no at the moment but documents would only be reviewed after Tuesday..another long weekend wait!!! Certainly not as smooth as 2014 when we were FTBs!!
    27/06/18 - Verbal offer made on our current property - accepted.
    28/06/19 - Written offer received.
    28/06/18 - Another Decline - called up and got it all figured out...full story here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74469916&postcount=6
    28/06/18 - Decision in Principle - Accept, Offer Generated!

Not as smooth as 2014 by any stretch of the imagination but we got there in the end!

Date of entry is mid August so fingers crossed everything goes nice and smoothly.

04/07/2018 - Mortgage offer received in post.
  • srik
    srik Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2018 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Our Time Line- Lender: Clydesdale
    Application made by Broker: 18/06/2018
    Valuation Instructed on: 20/06/2018
    Valuation Booked on: 21/06/2018
    Valuation Date: 27/06/2018
    Verbal Confirmation of Satisfactory Valuation: 29/06/2018
    Telephone Call from Broker to advice that file passed to underwriter: 02/07/2017
    Hard Credit Check on Experian- 02/07/2018
    Phone Call from Broker advising underwriter requesting additional documentation-05/07/2018
    Additional Documents submitted-05/07/2018
    Recevied Email and Phone call from Broker to advice application approved-09/07/2018
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Slick88 wrote: »
    03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

23/4 Phone call from EA to say that the survey still hadnt been booked and Vendor is contemplating putting it back on the market.

23/4 PHone MA to find out what the hell is going on. After some very angry phone calls and emails it turns out TSB had been phoning the wrong number for A WHOLE WEEK to book the survey and hadnt informed us of any issues.

24/4 MA Phones TSB to book valuation with new number. Valuation booked same day.
    25/4 Valuation booked for 1/5

ANNNNNNNDDDD the saga continues....

4/5 - Phonecall from the MA to say that TSB had the valuation but want a Damp & Timber survey as well as a Wall Ties survey... even though it had come in at value exactly as it is and it was only an advisory :(:(:(

4/5 - Phoned EA to inform them these were needed, they have a preferred contractor they use with no upfront costs so they went about arranging that for us...
    8/5 - Visit to the property to measure up and see it empty. It looks a lot roomier without the Tenants stuff in! EA advised us she'd spoken to the contractor and they would be coming on 9/5 to do the survey.
    8/5 - Phone cal lfrom MA to advise he is on holiday for 2 weeks as of 14/5 so hoping we can get this all wrapped up before hand... We are now on week 11 of the mortgage application I believe.

AVOID TSB LIKE THE PLAGUE!

In the weeks that followed the above fiasco we ended up paying for an independent damp and timber report as well only for the sale to fall through as the buyer decided to put it back on the market due to how long everything was taking... cant say I particularly blame him.

So after losing more money me and the OH had a chat and decided to sell some assets and up our budget. Our new timeline looks like this...

8/6 - viewed a house in a beautiful area that would work very well as a family home.
    8/6 - Spoke to MA to confirm budget
    9/6 - First offer rejected
    11/6 - Second offer accepted
    19/6 - Full application placed with Santander
    20/6 - Text message to say Mortgage approved Subject to valuation
    3/7 - Valuation takes place
    3/7 - text message stating mortgage offer is in the post!

I cant believe how much easier Santander had been to deal with then TSB, cant recommend them highly enough!
  • KingMob
    KingMob Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Couldn't find much info about Danske bank, some details which hopefully be useful to someone in future.

FTB, no chain, using independent broker, 20% deposit and easily affordable/no surprises on credit checks. Wasn't a Danske customer.

* Application made start of June and valuation fee taken. Provided 3 months bank statements and other requested documentation. Experian shows 2 searches "Mortgage Quotation" and "Identification: Generic Check"
    * 3 weeks later told underwriter had approved and valuation instructed for 3rd week. Strangely a few hours later was asked for June payslip and some queries about large lodgments 3 months prior.
    * 4th week - valuation on Monday, offer acknowledge to broker on Friday, received in mail on following Tuesday. Experian shows another search "Enquiry" just prior to offer.

Offer signed and returned yesterday, received details of Danske account used for mortgage payments today.

Couple of things that surprised me, all updates/notifications prior to offer made to mortgage advisor (no direct contact) and didn't receive valuation report (advisor seemed to think would be included with offer). Also led to believe that solicitor would not be informed until I had signed and received offer (unsure if this is typical).
  • London2018
    London2018 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

We are currently applying for a mortgage with Kent Reliance through a MB. Timeframe so far-

Fri 29th June- DIP
    Mon 2nd July- credit search recorded on Equifax
    Tues 3rd / Wed 4th July- Their system was down!
    Thursday 5th July - Full application submitted and survey booked for Wed 11th July

Does anyone have any experience with regards to how long the app takes with the underwriter etc?

Thanks
  • HollyJade4
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to here but only seen one post about Sainsburys process.

My application went in on Thursday and I wondered how quickly your broker came back and confirmed everything was ok?

Anyone else used Sainsburys ?

TamsinC wrote: »
    FINALLY

Updates in bold

18/5 Offered accepted on house - a complicated one as it has an annex with a kitchen
    19/5 Broker instructed and all possible paperwork sent over
    25/5 DIP from Sainsbury's
    31/5/18 Application done
    7/6/18 - valuation undertaken
    21/6/18 - mortgage offer received
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business