Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buel10
    • By buel10 17th Aug 19, 6:51 PM
    • 302Posts
    • 43Thanks
    buel10
    J. Lewis car seat faulty - want me to take it in?
    • 17th Aug 19, 6:51 PM
    J. Lewis car seat faulty - want me to take it in? 17th Aug 19 at 6:51 PM
    Hi all,
    Last September we purchased a baby car seat from John Lewis online. Itís now faulty as it wonít turn correctly. After speaking to their customer services today, firstly we were told to take photos and email them, which is pointless as you canít take photos of a baby seat not turning as itís an internal mechanism at fault. When we explained this, we were told we have to take it in to the Ďnearestí store which is 33 miles away. An additional problem being that my wife and I have one vehicle and we canít do this because weíd have to take our baby with us - a bit of a catch 22.

Is the onus on us to take the car seat back?
    Thank you.
Page 2
    • buel10
    • By buel10 18th Aug 19, 2:57 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    buel10
    Donít want to do or think anything for themselves and wants to blame someone else all the time - seems to be the typical response nowadays
    Take some ownership and responsibility yourself
    Originally posted by ToxicWomble
    Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups, you silly sod. Donít assume, and see my post above.
    People like you give this forum a bad name. No wonder they put the reminder on here to be civil and not judge. Thatís to people like you!!
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 18th Aug 19, 3:05 PM
    • 10,533 Posts
    • 64,299 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    You missed one important part of the post you replied to:

This happens with a few companies.
    They charge you for the replacement but then refund when they receive the faulty item back.
    By doing it this way, they don't have to wait until they receive the faulty goods before sending out a replacement so the consumer gets a new item far sooner.
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa

Yes the same happened to me with JL with a faulty Fitbit, I sent photos, they agreed to replace, ordered a new one which was charged to my card and as soon as they received the faulty one I was refunded.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • ToxicWomble
    • By ToxicWomble 18th Aug 19, 3:18 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    ToxicWomble
    I’m not the one drip feeding info
    • ToxicWomble
    • By ToxicWomble 18th Aug 19, 3:20 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    ToxicWomble
    If in the same post that you stated the shop didn’t have seats for sale you had mentioned that you’d been told they did, my response would have been different
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 18th Aug 19, 3:48 PM
    • 13,635 Posts
    • 9,374 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Iím not stupid - we did check with customer services who assured us that they did.
    Originally posted by buel10
    No one called you stupid, then.

In view of your tone I'm out.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 18th Aug 19, 9:06 PM
    • 4,153 Posts
    • 3,803 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    Can I ask why in your original post, one of you couldn’t have stayed home while the other did the trip?
    • ToxicWomble
    • By ToxicWomble 19th Aug 19, 11:43 AM
    • 107 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    ToxicWomble
    Because then they wouldnt have been able to make such a drama out of the situation
    • rach_k
    • By rach_k 19th Aug 19, 4:05 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 2,639 Thanks
    rach_k
    Not sure if you've sorted it by now, but if you haven't I'd try contacting the manufacturer. Yes, it's JL you have the contract with but they don't have the expertise the manufacturer does. I've had a couple of problems with car seats in the past and the manufacturer has always emailed me simple solutions that a shop wouldn't have known about. Always worth checking before returning the seat.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,482Posts Today

5,972Users online

Martin's Twitter