Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 4th Jul 19, 3:13 PM
    • 1,159Posts
    • 6,388Thanks
    Brambling
    Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3
    • 4th Jul 19, 3:13 PM
    Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3 4th Jul 19 at 3:13 PM
    Hi All

You're have to bear with me guys as this is my first thread

Thank you Cranky for running the previous 2019 challenges,

As we've decided that we'd like a new thread for each part of our 2019 challenge I've started a new one for the 3rd quarter. I haven't posted the links to previous challenges either - we're all capable of looking them up by title if we want them.

Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st of July until the 30th of September (13 weeks).

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge

There are some useful links to help your weight loss journey found on the previous challenge, sorry no time currently to work out how to do them myself

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5984457&page=25 :-
Page 7
    • Frith
    • By Frith 26th Jul 19, 9:52 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    It’s about 15 miles from Stonehenge (bit vague as it’s not my neck of the woods).

Huge stone circle that you can wander around. National Trust property and church next to it.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 27th Jul 19, 8:19 AM
    • 2,097 Posts
    • 2,438 Thanks
    MovingForwards

I hang my head in shame
    • Rose Wood
    • By Rose Wood 27th Jul 19, 2:55 PM
    • 867 Posts
    • 9,503 Thanks
    Rose Wood
    Hi,

I've not been posting as I've been doing terribly and for some reason putting weight on rather than losing it. I'm going to continue reading but think you'd better take me off your list Brambling. I will let you all know how I'm getting on but want to try not having a weekly weigh in.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
    • Frith
    • By Frith 27th Jul 19, 7:09 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    B - avocado and salmon

L - avocado with egg baked in the centre

T - veg meatballs and roast veg (Ikea)

A few mini daim bars!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • Frith
    • By Frith 28th Jul 19, 9:00 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    B - sausage, fried egg, tomatoes

T - meatballs in tomato sauce

Pretty BSD. Will weigh in the morning...
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 29th Jul 19, 5:42 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 10,031 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    Morning All

Brambling I hope you are having a great holiday and not too many cream teas .
    Rosewood sorry you have pulled out; a few years ago when I first did the challenge I always looked forward to reading your meal plans to get ideas, especially your famous chocolate mousse .

WI day for me today and thankfully I'm back on track after my over indulgence the previous week. I'm happy to report a 2lb loss, must have been the heavy duty gardening I did this weekend.

I want to get some more gardening done today but its a bit foggy here at the moment, hopefully it will burn back later.

Just about to have my boiled egg and soldiers then lunch is some leftover halloumi and lentil salad and for tea, a new to me recipe of Greek style chicken souvlaki, its been marinating in the fridge overnight and already smells delicious.
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 29th Jul 19, 7:11 AM
    • 542 Posts
    • 1,844 Thanks
    s_glover
    Happy Monday everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Hope you are enjoying Devon Brambling and you have got over the journey!

Please to report a small loss of 1lb this week. Friday we went to the annual village hog roast. Despite the rain we spent most of Saturday in the garden laying turf on Saturday. Yesterday we spent all day at the village show. What a fantastic show for a tiny village and we were so lucky the rain held off. We even entered the 4.5 mile race. It was a tough one, multi terrain and a lot of up hill. Food for the day was pretty bad and plenty of drinkies so back on the straight and narrow today!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 29th Jul 19, 10:29 AM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    STS. I’m not sure how that is possible, on 800 calories a day!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 29th Jul 19, 1:10 PM
    • 1,724 Posts
    • 5,514 Thanks
    Izadora
    Moving, there's no shame to STS. It's better than putting on and at least you had the courage to get on the scales, which is better than I managed this morning.

Rose, sorry you're struggling and please keep popping by even if you're not weighing in

Frith, that does seem quite unfair and hopefully it's just one of those weird fluctuations and it'll sort itself out next week.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 29th Jul 19, 5:08 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - avocado with baked egg

T - Spanish chicken

All BSD
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 30th Jul 19, 1:13 PM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 10,031 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    What a waste of a morning!! I thought I had a hair appointment and got myself all smartened up walked the couple of miles into town only to find out its tomorrow - how embarrassing

Had a productive day yesterday, I cleared out the rhubarb patch, froze some for later in the year and made 6lb of rhubarb and ginger jam

B - toast with rhubarb jam, nectarine and a pear.
    L - l/o chicken souvlaki, salad mini wrap, handful of salted popcorn
    D - grilled sausages, baked beans. Yoghurt for pud
    • Frith
    • By Frith 30th Jul 19, 8:31 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    B - yoghurt and berries

T - chicken shawarma (Nadiya’s recipe) with courgette, peppers and creme fraiche.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 31st Jul 19, 7:54 AM
    • 542 Posts
    • 1,844 Thanks
    s_glover
    Oh dear Need2bthrifty, not a complete waste of a morning though, at least you got 2 miles of exercise in!

Good day on Monday. Got loads done in the garden. A lovely tuna sarnie for lunch, made all the better for not having one in ages and smoked fish risotto for tea.
    I had a nice walk out yesterday lunchtime but the afternoon went downhill. The pasta salad I had for lunch just didn't hit the spot so I went and bought a sandwich, only to also succumb to crisps and a bag of revels.
    felt really awful afterwards so I'm using it to serve as a reminder that weakness in the moment only leads me to a downward spiral.

Back on the wagon today and hoping to go for a run but I'm not too hopeful with the current weather forecast.
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 31st Jul 19, 6:43 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    B - blueberries and yoghurt

T - veg lasagne. BSD recipe and it was vile - and I eat anything!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • Brambling
    • By Brambling 31st Jul 19, 9:39 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 6,388 Thanks
    Brambling
    Greetings from sunnyish Devon only one day of rain yesterday so we've been able to do lots of walking, 9 miles today along the coastal path, very steep and my Fitbit tells me the same as 133 flights of stairs

Just the one cream tea, sheltering from the heavy rain yesterday and it was delicious, light fluffy scones . We share a slice of Bakewell tart and a cream tea, todays walk hopefully helped with the calories . I fear we will succumb tomorrow as the tea room next door serves good ones and it would be rude not too

Rosewood I'll remove you when I get back, please pop in to say hello we miss you it seems you lost your diet mojo when you hurt your leg.

Firth is it possible you didn't eat enough calories which is why you STS this week 800 is low I'm impressed you can do it

I will update the list when I get back but it's easier on the laptop and the internet is slow here, I forgot what it was like watching pages load
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 1st Aug 19, 7:31 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 10,031 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    Oh dear Need2bthrifty, not a complete waste of a morning though, at least you got 2 miles of exercise in!
    Originally posted by s_glover
    Yeah both ways...two days running never mind I'm now sporting a nice short cool pixie cut

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy day cook-wise, no enthusiasm just what came to hand and assembling and reheating already cooked elements from the freezer

B - cheese slice, fruit and dry toast
    L - tuna mayo, crackers, salad
    D - melanzane parmigiana, green beans & a slice of garlic bread

I have the dental hygienist later this morning for my regular S+P and there is a nice fish shop close by so I'll pop in and see what looks good to get for my tea. I also need to do a bit of a top up shop and @ldi is on route which is handy as I'm loving their Italian ham at the moment, might also get some Parma ham as the melon I got at the weekend has ripened up nicely in this heat.

Just had some muesli for a change with stewed rhubarb, lunch will be some fruit on the go and I'm beginning to fancy some fish & chips tonight, it feels like forever since I had some.
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 1st Aug 19, 11:54 AM
    • 542 Posts
    • 1,844 Thanks
    s_glover
    Pleased to hear you are enjoying a mostly sunny Devon Brambling.

Need2bthrifty - your new pixie cut sounds nice.

After falling off the wagon Tuesday, despite my best of intentions yesterday I failed to get back on and had another day of sneaking in lots of extra calories and loosing control.

Today is going better so far. I've enjoyed a nice 5 mile run so am feeling a lot better.
    Tomorrow I'm in London so lots of travelling and sitting down all day.
    At the weekend we have visitors. Saturday will probably involve visiting a few pubs and probably tea out. If the weather holds we're planning a walk on Sunday.
    I'm off work decorating next week so, whatever the scales say on Monday I hoping I can have a good week next week.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 1st Aug 19, 6:11 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 49,072 Thanks
    Frith
    B - quiche without pastry

T - veg lasagne

Both BSD
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 1st Aug 19, 7:49 PM
    • 882 Posts
    • 5,135 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Weigh In
    Pleased with my loss this week -5lb , recouped last weeks gain plus a small dent going forwards.

Trying to fill up more on salad and veg and drinking more water hopefully it will help with next week (although this week is takeaway Sunday!)

Sounds like you are having a lovely time Brambling and I'm sure all that walking must be counteracting the odd treats.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

Autumn SW 0/10
    • Need2bthrifty
    • By Need2bthrifty 2nd Aug 19, 11:50 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 10,031 Thanks
    Need2bthrifty
    Afternoon All and well done SIRENS thats a great loss.

Its a bit cooler here today so my brisk walk was much more comfortable this morning.

I managed to restrain myself last night , the haddock I bought was quite large so to have chips with it would have been far too much, I did it in panko crumbs and just had some peas, salad, a blob of tartare sauce and thoroughly enjoyed it all. Fish again tonight - because the herring season is limited I tend to have it regularly when it is in the fish shops.

B - banana on toast
    L - ham salad, nectarine
    D - herring in oatmeal, new pots & peas

Freezer needs a bit of organising and some meal planning needed for the next few days, then I'll put my feet up in front of the telly - NY housewives my guilty pleasure .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,597Users online

Martin's Twitter